Dec 18, 2012
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Tesoro Compadre
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It is still good for recreational smo... I mean decretive purposes?

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I know nothing about pipes. With that out of the way, if I had to guess, I'd guess this one to be authentic. I can't even tell you why I think that either. ?? Cool piece. I wish you had a little insight on it.

OP
OP
bravowhiskey

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
I can say it probably came from New Mexico, but if it would prove to be South American that could also be possible. (Venezuela) But guarantee it never came out of tourist shop.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to say Bravo. I like it. I have seen a large collection south of the border and they used those funky looking faces on everything down there. Especially the Mayans. Not so much here though with the faces. I am not an expert in South American artifacts but bet that is what it is. I think I have one pot that came out when they were doing the Panama canal. It is real but looks fake to me because it is not what I am used to seeing.

OP
OP
bravowhiskey

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
ya'll could very well be right. Kinda funny, any time I say something definitive, it gets broke off....well here's another face somewhat similar....

I'll say the repairs are horrendous and need to be properly done. Is it possible to have a professional repair made here? I'm seeking serious council.

DSC00308.JPG

Last edited:

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Yikkes! I can admit I have always wanted a real authentic pipe. Good luck out there in cyberspace trying to find one. 20 years of "knowitallship" didn't save me from sinking 5 grand on a few fake pipes. Unless I find one or I steal one from the Smithsonian (still no guarantee), I will run a 4.2 away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread