Passion for the Past by Ivor Noel-Hume

55th Massachusetts

Jun 5, 2009
Detector(s) used
Nautilus
From my first visit to Colonial Williamsburg in 1962, at the age of five, I became one with the past. And Ivor Noel Hume is responsible for this. Because of Mr. Hume's work at Colonial Williamsburg and his writings, he has taught me from a very early age to love history. It is because of him that my life since then has been an orchestrated dance with history. He is a National Treasure, and our Country is a better place because of his love of America.

His new book is a look into Mr. Hume's very interesting past. Frankly, once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down! It leads us on his life's journey, the good, the bad, and the sad. He leaves none of his life's stones unturned. From a small boy, to the foremost Archaeologist in the history of our Country, he eloquently opens the "book" of his life for all to read. It is a statement to us that one's life is what one makes of it, pitfalls and triumphs included!

This book is a must read, and it definitely makes his past works come even more alive. His books are the "true" treasures he has given to us all. Read one of his books, and you too shall see the past through the door to another place in time, that he has so brilliantly left open for all of us to enjoy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread