mikesand

Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar/ BH Pinpointer
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if this product was discussed before now, but I just finished watching the "infomercial" on that new super grass seed called Patch Perfect. I don't know of anyone trying it out, but it does seem to have the chance to lessen any damage to digging plugs in someone's yard. ~$20.00 a container.Maybe keep a baggie of seeds on your person and sprinkle it on a freshly dug and replaced plug. Any thoughts?
HH
mike

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good idea, and watering would help. However I doubt the slobs in the hobby would even fill in there holes and continue to use trowls and shovels in grass.

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on turf youre hunting I would think. I dont know what seeds are in the Patch Perfect, but I would be very angry if I had a nice turf of a type of Kentucky blended with another type of Rye and someone came along and placed Bermuda seeds in a plug they dug while MDing. Bermuda is very invasive. And the flip side, if I had a nice yard,park of StAugustine or hybrid Bermuda, I would very ticked if someone put some type of Cool Season Grass seeds (Kentucky,Rye etc.) in my warm season turf.
Just somethin to think about.
John

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gator01 said:
Depends on turf youre hunting I would think. I dont know what seeds are in the Patch Perfect, but I would be very angry if I had a nice turf of a type of Kentucky blended with another type of Rye and someone came along and placed Bermuda seeds in a plug they dug while MDing. Bermuda is very invasive. And the flip side, if I had a nice yard,park of StAugustine or hybrid Bermuda, I would very ticked if someone put some type of Cool Season Grass seeds (Kentucky,Rye etc.) in my warm season turf.
Just somethin to think about.
John

Gator,
I completely agree. I think the best thing you can do is carry some fertilizer such as Bone Meal. After cutting the plug and recovering the target just sprinkle a little in the hole then put the plug back. This will help speed up the grass re-rooting. Of course if we are in a dry spell there is not much that will help unless you keep going back a watering your plugs.
NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread