Patriot Scores Token/Coin ??!!!

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to go retrieve my deer stand today before somebody helped themselves to it. It's a 50 acre-ish wooded hill with a small cleared spot at the bottom on a rural road. Buddy of mines family has had it for years. No dwelling on it now but has been from 80's back to I'm not sure,...but a while...at least 90 years. So grabbed to Patriot for quick hunt...area is loaded with trash as always.
Settings were Diggers trashy silver settings as with the last hunt. Disc 65 nickel and zinc notched back in/ sense 99/ thresh 6 tones were 4H Difference with this spot is it has tons of beer/soda cans also. Some visible right on the ground,..who knows how many that's covered. Initially got fooled on a few that were smashed really tight,..but figured that out and moved on....hunted bout an hour,..dug a little trash and then got consistent quarter on the VDI next to this big ol'tree. Signal checked out multiple directions,...it wasn't alone but the signal was there. So I dug..popped out my plug and within a few seconds I was looking at Abe Lincoln! :hello2::headbang: Was also very small piece of aluminum in there plus what I think is a crudded up penny,..that accounted for all 3 of my targets I was hitting in this very confined spot.

Had another hard hitting target with a smaller one within 7-8 inches from this plug,...so I dug it. Got a,.....well,.....provocative bottle opener and 22 casing. Once again same plug. Both targets distinguishable. I sat those 2 on a block next to my hole while I double checked it. They were pretty close together so I decided to make a pass with my coil. Made a pass back and forth 3 different times,..total of 6 at my regular swing speed. Without fail both targets clear and separate every time. Also able to easily separate them individually with this the stock coil.

Back to my token/coin. On the bottom of the eagle side it says "Great Seal" Other side with Lincoln says his name on bottom,...16th President USA on top. 1861 on left 1865 on right.

May not be a true US commemorative but it sure looked good coming outa that dirt lolol. You guys take a look,..what do you think ?

Attachments

• Abe Lincoln Hunt 007.jpg
    Abe Lincoln Hunt 007.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 105
  • Abe Lincoln Hunt 011.jpg
    Abe Lincoln Hunt 011.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 102
  • Abe Lincoln Hunt 014.jpg
    Abe Lincoln Hunt 014.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 121
  • Abe Lincoln Hunt 009.jpg
    Abe Lincoln Hunt 009.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 114
  • Abe Lincoln Hunt 008.jpg
    Abe Lincoln Hunt 008.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 107
  • Abe Lincoln Hunt 013.jpg
    Abe Lincoln Hunt 013.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. Those presidential tokens are always cool to dig.

OP
OP
A

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some Close-ups

Attachments

• Abe Close-ups 002.jpg
    Abe Close-ups 002.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 100
  • Abe Close-ups 003.jpg
    Abe Close-ups 003.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 115
  • Abe Close-ups 004.jpg
    Abe Close-ups 004.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 133
  • Abe Close-ups 005.jpg
    Abe Close-ups 005.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 104

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Aaron, I am stoked for you! I was literally just reading a post from Digger27 regarding these settings, with disc at 65 and notching every other section back in. I was running disc at 23 the other day and was pleased at how quiet it was, after 20 minutes, I had just found a couple copper pennies, then got rained out, lol! All my machines I tend to run zero disc, due to less probability of iron masking. Of course those machines can't do what the Patriot can! I have a super trashy Chinese RR camp site that is littered with rusty iron cans that I am excited to hunt with these settings!

OP
OP
A

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atomicscott..man I'm lovin it so far. My little impromptu test made me feel pretty good to. I'm goin to set up something with 7 or 8 targets for fun just to check the speed on thus thing. My separation is only goin to get better with a smaller coil as well. My next hunt is one day next week pending weather here. HH -Aaron

OP
OP
A

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Highvdi
Yeah boy she was loud and clear...but also tight vdi...no way I wasn't digging lol. I know you guys believe in them but I gotta confess I don't use headphones. I've tried them a few times..dont likem. But I would if around a lotta people on beach or something.

OP
OP
A

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and scott....pulltab come outa same hole as mailbox flag too. I knew it was there before diggin..just went ahead and got it. I thought that was pretty darn good.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Highvdi
Yeah boy she was loud and clear...but also tight vdi...no way I wasn't digging lol. I know you guys believe in them but I gotta confess I don't use headphones. I've tried them a few times..dont likem. But I would if around a lotta people on beach or something.

Yeah.....not trying to be negative but if you're hunting in trashy old ground without headphones you're missing many targets. Many of those flat buttons and coins (especially silver) will let out soft peeps.

OP
OP
A

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah.....not trying to be negative but if you're hunting in trashy old ground without headphones you're missing many targets. Many of those flat buttons and coins (especially silver) will let out soft peeps.

I'm not doubting ya..ive read it too many times...ive got 1 pair of cheapies wife got me with tracker 4 a few years ago and pair that came with atpro...i just hate not hearing what's goin on around me if that makes any sense. I may givem another swing for the sake of silver soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions