Pawn Stars...

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I think the whole point was to try to reach as large of audience as possible and hope the phone calls start coming in. :icon_thumright: ;D

Presuming that we were to take everything at face value. The gentleman that brought the coins in stated that they had failed to meet the reserve at auction. That was the first red flag to anyone purchasing for resale. Rick said he would have gone to $250,000, a lot of money for them. From what I have seen I wouldn't be surprised if he would try to make 10-15% on that purchase and roll it quickly. But I just don't think that a purchase was ever really considered.

Very cool item though. :thumbsup:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty easy to counter something with a huge amount because it's not like he would be handing the cash over on the spot. In other words it buys you the time to figure out if it's a money maker, or make excuses why it's no longer a deal. You can't lose.

Of course like most other things he'd need his expert.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
according to the show, there was only 3 clumps like that known to exist and one of them was lost in the tsunami
a couple of years ago. what he was asking i thought was reasonable, Rick tried to get it for basically nothing
although they don't say what the reserve was at the auction

OP
OP
jeff k

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight at 10:30, "A gold bar may be from a 1500s shipwreck."

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
Jeff K said:
Tonight at 10:30, "A gold bar may be from a 1500s shipwreck."

If you Google search for this torrent you can probably find it ;D ....

Pawn.Stars.S03E04.HDTV.XviD-aAF

Stan

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
A big bar, but sawed one end and only XX fineness markings, so not that great visual appeal. I think they were a little quick to snap it up and should have probably paid a little less than $35K. I cringed when Rick was trying to pick away the coral encrustation when first looking at the piece.

Stan

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Might be cool if you were able to make a charitable tax deduction of that magnitude....Would be fun to help the Old Man pick on Chumlee....

Stan

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DiveWrecks said:
Might be cool if you were able to make a charitable tax deduction of that magnitude....Would be fun to help the Old Man pick on Chumlee....

Stan
Yeah, I wonder if Chumley is as dumb as he acts?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
DiveWrecks said:

Stan
Yeah, I wonder if Chumley is as dumb as he acts?

I doubt it. The more that show runs the more BS that seems to go on. Gotta keep it interesting I guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread