Pawn Stars

F

Felinepeachy

263030_161825540551438_100001719796595_392522_921444_n.jpg

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
You mean "Hardcore Pawn"? I watch it sometimes because it's like a train wreck... it's nothing good, but you can't help but watch. Pawn stars is a much better show with class IMO.

OP
OP
ohioaxeman

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
oooops... yes, Hardcore Pawn... My bad... I was watching both of them last night! :dontknow:
Peachy.... Thats a good one! :hello2:
I believe they are running out of real weirdos on the show, so they are hiring people to be weirdos. Just like all the Towing shows are doing now! Hopefully Pawn Stars doesnt start doing this. I like my man Chummly! 8)

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those shows are all phoney. On one of those towing shows they even state that the different "skits" are based on true stories. They can take a simple tow (true story) and add all of the dramatics they want. I like the judge shows, at least they are real freaks.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only show worse than hardcore pawn is Picker Sisters. I couldn't even get through one episode. A couple of air heads in short shorts. Monty

OP
OP
ohioaxeman

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
My favorite show for a good laugh is Americas dumbest criminals or whatever they call it. The hosts are all tv actors and such... ie. Todd bridges, Tonia Harding, and other comedians... I always have a good laugh with there comments! :laughing7:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
ohioaxeman said:
My favorite show for a good laugh is Americas dumbest criminals or whatever they call it. The hosts are all tv actors and such... ie. Todd bridges, Tonia Harding, and other comedians... I always have a good laugh with there comments! :laughing7:

I hate those shows because the commentors are criminals too!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The day I walk into a Pawn Shop and they say let's call in an expert is the day I eat my shorts.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
savant365 said:
"COPS" is the only (and first) reality show...everything else since has been a distant second.

I made "COPS" twice, and America's Most Wanted, once :headbang:

I'm waiting for a legal reality show, so I can get cleared.. No those current judge shows like Judge Judy, etc., are for amateurs and therefore don't count :tongue3:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
blackbeard1717 said:
Got to admit Pawn Stars gets some cool stuff in.

Yeah, but some of the "customers" are dumb as a box of rocks. I'm thinking of the guy who had the George Washington Funeral token supposedly worth $5000 to $6000 and he took $2500 for it. He should have been running to have it graded and sent to a high end auction.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Mzjavert said:
blackbeard1717 said:

Yeah, but some of the "customers" are dumb as a box of rocks. I'm thinking of the guy who had the George Washington Funeral token supposedly worth $5000 to $6000 and he took $2500 for it. He should have been running to have it graded and sent to a high end auction.

That's why pawn shops exist. The guy probably needed money that day not 3 or 4 months down the road.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd imagine the Pawn Stars still Cry that they may
have these things
in their shop for a long time,
because they don't know if or when
someone may come in & buy it.

But I Bet

someone sees when they buy historical items,
On TV & what they paid,
& turned around & Call them to see if it was still there & for sale.

I Bet the turn around time is only a matter
of time between Filming & airing, If they don't
try to get triple what they pay.

Probably even their Experts they call in are Realy Buyers
saying what they will pay for it.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
savant365 said:
Mzjavert said:
blackbeard1717 said:

That's why pawn shops exist. The guy probably needed money that day not 3 or 4 months down the road.

I'd agree under normal circumstances. All the "walk-in" customers on this show were schedualed months in advance. If he could wait to get on the show, he could wait to get a good price for his coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions