pay back time

bgretz1989

Dec 28, 2008
I went to a bank to pick up a couple rolls of halves, i didnt have the money on me so i told the girl to take it out of my acct. She then told me she couldnt sell them to me because there was a note on my acct that said DO NOT SELL HALF DOLLARS. I walked out and headed right to my dump bank (the same branch) and talked to the manager. I was told that they were tired of me filling there little vault with halves so they put the note on my acct. I decided not to argue and walked out. Well maybe they should have told me they had a problem before hand. I left that bank drove to my pick up bank and changed my order from 1K to 5K a week. I hope that will make my dump bank happy. Oh, my last 2 boxes had a total of 31 40s 2 64s and 3 franklins.

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Sorry to hear that, but I would think a bank would have to right to refuse your halves that you might bring them in the future, just because you have an account with them, doesn't mean they should participate in your CRH. Just my opinion!

I also think that with more & more people doing CRH, it might just end up being a trend with most banks, already hearing more & more about fee's just to get the coins on this forum!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Seems to me they are a bank and should take any legal u.s currency that comes in. They can refuse to give you havles because it costs them money to order them. Actually they should not be able to refuse but maybe to charge you a fee for them. I hope no banker reads this message. Ha.

-Golden Silver

S

seger98

I can see the day that they will charge a fee to take coins, even if you have an account with them, think about it. You already have an account at a bank, but yet they charge you fees on alot of things, checking accounts, money orders, atm, etc. etc., They are all services they provide, just like taking in change in a machine is a service, alot of banks don't even have a coin machine!

1869er

Jan 5, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Freedom 2 C.C., 1st detector was a 1970's Compass, Finished a MD Surf PI from a kit - my most recent MD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I think the banks take a huge chunk outta the customers as it is, some banks, (won't name the branch) stick their customers with so many nickel and dime fees here and there that I feel good taking their silvers outta circulation, makes me feel like I'm really getting something back.

Guess ya gotta switch it up a bit so to keep em happy though..... Met a nice teller the other day who said she'd have no problem ordering me a few boxes here and there..... However her smile straightened out a bit when I asked her if it would be too much trouble to order one or two boxes a week! Ha!

1869er

Jan 5, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Freedom 2 C.C., 1st detector was a 1970's Compass, Finished a MD Surf PI from a kit - my most recent MD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know, I was thinking of buying the coins at one bank, and dumping them at a different bank, different bank company I mean..... I figured that would ensure myself of not ever getting back the same rolls after a few months..... just a thought there, as I don't know bank policies, nor if the rolls would ever cross over to a different bank after a few months.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL - give'um hell!!!!! :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread