Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mmmmm green ling is the best! Saltwater fever runs deep!

OP
OP
P

paydirt1850

Jun 6, 2015
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made several fishing videos, while on my annual fishing trip. One of them is fishing for monster lingcod. Not sure when my son is going to post them - soon I think.
I think lingcod is food of the "gods" - nothing better!

OP
OP
P

paydirt1850

Jun 6, 2015
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I know  10-4-15  blog.jpg Saturday Jeff and I made a trip and the lower part of my claim. There is a section of bedrock that I look at every time I hike into the claim, but I walk by it because my plan is to work farther upstream. I figured this weekend would be a good time to take a look at this area.

The area want to check out is a short section of bedrock, it's on the inside of a turn, right after a long straight narrow section of the river. I ran a detector over this area in the early nineties. I found a few pennyweight size nugget. Back then, I had a Whites V Sat detector. I wanted to check and see if the flood of 97 had deposited any new gold in this area. I thought it would be a good idea to take a look and see if I had missed anything with my old detector. My main concern was, this area is fairly accessible and I'm not sure how hard it has been worked.

After the hike in, we set up a base camp in the center of the work area. I started detecting the bedrock and when I got target, I would mark it. Jeff followed and checked out the crevices that were marked. After marking several crevices, I shut off my detector and started checking the targets also. After digging crevices for several hours Jeff and I had quite a pile of lead between us, but not much gold. I could tell that the crevices had been checked before, because only the very top had packed gravel. After you broke through the first layer of rock, everything below dug out easy - not a good sign.

After lunch it had warmed up quite a bit and we decided to get into the river and do a little sniping. I was disappointed to find the same situation under water as above, someone had been there before us.

I did a little more detecting and by the time we had worked the last of the crevices that had targets in them, it was getting late. By the end of the day my fears have been validated, this area has been worked over fairly hard. The good news - now I know. We did go home with a little gold and a lot of lead. Oh well, there's always next weekend!

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Disappointing in a way but still sounds like good times :)

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's never really enough but getting color is always reaffirming. Checking a spot for your gut feeling is also satisfying. I take it all the gold came from sniping? I think overall you won that round.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread