Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Upvote 0

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
Yes I have a local bank that wanted to charge a fee, the delivery service's for banks charge them a fee. but I have other banks that I buy from and they don't charge, heck most places I run out of halves ask if I want them to order some :) Then again alot of places hate halves and are glad to get rid of what they have.
Best of luck to you Bobr,
Ray

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Yeah I've come across this. Several of my banks stopped letting me buy boxes from them because of that reason. Now here's the really stupid part. I've also come across banks that refused to let me cash in my coins there because they have to sell their coins BACK to the distributors. So it costs them to take boxes and it costs them to recieve boxes. I suppose Brinks, etc. have to make their earnings somehow. Good luck! :)

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I haven't been charged yet, but I've banked at the same place for going on 20 years. Strangely enough, the other bank account I just opened to dump my loose coins in doesn't charge me either. As a matter of fact, they offered to get me a couple boxes too.

The tellers have told me that there wouldn't be a charge if I can wait until their regular delivery of coin comes in, which is weekly. Special orders they would charge me for, but if I get it when their regular shipment comes, no charge.

Sounds to me like they are trying to get you to pay for their shipment... or at least part of it.

OP
OP
B

bobr

May 17, 2006
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Since I don't have much of an option, I'll pay for the box. It's only 2.00 on a box of 50 rolls, so that's not too bad. It's a lot on a box of pennies, but not so much on a box of halves.

strykerstalker

Nov 29, 2005
if they did that i would go to another bank, oh and from what ive heard that C U 's are funded by people in the community so they get their change from their customers and not other banks... good way to pull them out of circulation... ive recently seen that im either going to swich banks only on the fact that i think someone else is searching them now.. seems like i use to get more dimes and pennys like 3 wheat to a roll and now ive noticed im getting 1 for every 10.. either way if they charge you tell them you would like all of your money from that account, then when they ask how you would like it tell them all pennies..

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charging fees to obtain legal American currency from a bank? Sounds like a crime to me! What a joke! Unless you don't have an account there,it should be free. :o ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions