Paying Regions Fee

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Paying Region's Fee

Since the local Regions Banks started charging a 5 dollar fee per box, I have ordered 4 boxes. In the first 2 I found 7 40%'s which wasn't bad for 10.00. The next 2, one had 4 40%'s and the other was a skunk so it was still close to a wash. Today I called and asked them if they had any boxes and the VT said that she had one. When I got there she handed me a open box filled with rolls with three different wrappers, all obvious dumps. I told her that if I was paying 5 dollars I at least wanted a sealed box of them not ones that other people had probably gone through which she said was OK and she said she would order another 2 for me next week. It is kind of funny because I know that no one else ever got any halves from them for the past 2 years. I would buy all the CWR halves that did come in, except I only took 300 when a guy dumped 1,300 at one time, and they hardly ever got any in. When I had told the VT earlier that people would start dumping on them, she had told me that they were also charging 5 dollars to take in a box of coins but I guess headquarters didn't realize that people would just start dumping 100-300 at a time. I was planning on changing Banks soon anyway and just wanted to see what would happen.

When I told the VT the rolls were dumps, she said I could take them and look through them in the lobby if I wanted to, we were inside of the Vault room, but I told her no thanks.

I got an OK box of nickels today with a war nickel ender, 45P, which got me hoping for a good war nickel box but I only found 1 more, a 42S plus 3 Buffalos, a 1936 and 2 date less ones.

Upvote 0

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I love how people get so offended when banks cramp our hobbies style...they absolutely have every right to charge for coin boxes and they have every right to refuse anyone as a customer!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Funny you should say that Coin Town. I was just thinking the same thing. I am sure Coin Hunting adds no value to the normal work load of a bank teller. Don't get me wrong - that comes with the job and the Teller should always be polite, etc. BUT we all have to understand that a few Teller's may not see it as performing normal banking support for their customers. Anyway, just my opinion and the wife already told me what that was worth!
killingme.gif

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I love how people get so offended when banks cramp our hobbies style...they absolutely have every right to charge for coin boxes and they have every right to refuse anyone as a customer!

I'm not offended in any way by Regions charging a fee, they treated me like gold and still do which is why I am still there trying out paying for some boxes on a limited basis. Maybe you misread something I wrote or just decided to vent about other people because I have never said anything bad about "my best pickup bank" and the only thing I am sorry is that the fee will indeed "cramp my hobby style."

I wrote a letter to the address they gave me telling the Bank what good employees they had been to me and never mentioned the fee on the boxes of change because I do plan on switching Banks soon. I also would never dump on them after all they had done for me the last couple of years and I was not refused service as a customer, they still bend over backwards for me and I hate thinking about leaving them and have told them so which is why I still have been getting what coin I can from them.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
I honestly would not mind paying a $5 fee if I weren't being treated like poo. All my banks act as if I have leprosy when I try to pick up a box.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't even begin to tell you how much silver I have found over the years either in or mixed in with "obvious dumps." If a bank (especially one that charges fees) offered to let me look through their rolls for free, I would have jumped on that instantly. Nothing to lose but a little time.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't even begin to tell you how much silver I have found over the years either in or mixed in with "obvious dumps." If a bank (especially one that charges fees) offered to let me look through their rolls for free, I would have jumped on that instantly. Nothing to lose but a little time.

That's exactly what I was thinking

Cougar729

Apr 8, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just joined Regions yesterday, I will find out soon enough if they are charging everyone everywhere to order boxes.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I love how certain people assume you are complaining about banks fees just because you mention the fees pertinent to a story or situation.

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I just joined Regions yesterday, I will find out soon enough if they are charging everyone everywhere to order boxes.

Another member at TN told me that his Regions were not charging him and he is about an hour North of me so it seems to just be a Regional West Coast thing. All of my local banks got a letter from Headquarters telling them to start the fees at the beginning of the month. My best branch's VT was telling me how sorry she was and that it wasn't them doing it but they had to because of the letter and I told her it was OK and that they were the best people in the world for all they had done for me over the last few years. I would just order the boxes and not mention the word fee and just hope for the best.

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im one of the lucky few that is getting boxes from regions with no fees.

However, when I opened my account I told them I needed a box of halves a week and if it was a problem or they charged I would just go elsewhere. They said no problem. Ive since started getting 2 boxes. I have to agree my tellers are good to me, but then again Im good to them..

Cougar729

Apr 8, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to test the waters at my Regions bank yesterday and asked for a box of pennies, however they said that they didnt have that many and would have to order a box. No mention of any fees.

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I love how certain people assume you are complaining about banks fees just because you mention the fees pertinent to a story or situation.

That's totally my bad, I read into your post a little too much! My apologies...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread