dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
a current review of a not so recent series, I know it's been out a while but here it is:
PBS America's Wild West
wild_west_cover.jpg

Hour long segments on Annie Oakley, Billy the Kid, Buffalo Bill, Custers Last Stand, Wyatt Earp, Kit Carson, Jesse James, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

This two-disk set is a highly informative and entertaining historical narrative. Many images related to the topic and on some early Edison "moving pictures".

I liked watching these episodes. I grew up watching old western b movies as a child right up through today, and I work on genealogy when time allows. I can envision what it may have been like for my family 150 years ago. Some of which migrated west and settled in Coffeyville, Kansas and were there when the Dalton raid occurred.

These shows are a number ofyears old, but still enjoyable and entertaining.

wild_west_back.jpg

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
a current review of a not so recent series, I know it's been out a while but here it is:
PBS America's Wild West
View attachment 2090674
Hour long segments on Annie Oakley, Billy the Kid, Buffalo Bill, Custers Last Stand, Wyatt Earp, Kit Carson, Jesse James, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

This two-disk set is a highly informative and entertaining historical narrative. Many images related to the topic and on some early Edison "moving pictures".

I liked watching these episodes. I grew up watching old western b movies as a child right up through today, and I work on genealogy when time allows. I can envision what it may have been like for my family 150 years ago. Some of which migrated west and settled in Coffeyville, Kansas and were there when the Dalton raid occurred.

These shows are a number ofyears old, but still enjoyable and entertaining.

View attachment 2090675
I loved the old B westerns. Whatever Happened to Randolph Scott is an accurate song for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread