mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a guy and he has a bunch of Peace dollars and he said that he would sell them for $22 each. I was wondering if you guys think this is a good deal. I know there is less then a oz of silver in each dollar. But I have heard other say that they buy silver dollars for around $25. Would like some input but I was thinking if I bought them all he may come down some. So what do you think buy or not to buy. thanks Matt

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they contacted you via Craigslist be very careful, someone here recently got taken pretty bad for a "good deal" on silver.

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of China fakes out there. I would pass unless you know how to identify the fakes.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides the fakes out there, unless these are in better condition and desirable dates. No way. I have been able to purchase average circulated for $15 each and often for less. I do think the prices are going down in the near future, not up.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
$20-23 each is the average price on ebay right now for common worn Morgans. Peace dollars would actually be a bit less. If you are in the market for some silver dollars, I would say your target would be in the $15-18 range. Good luck.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a bit of extra cash to buy silver, only buy bullion. Coins these days, even Peace Dollars, can be a risk.
Good luck
Peace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread