Peltier score

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I scored this little gem recently. It's a Peltier moody blues. $120-150 marble, got it in a lot of marbles for $15. :hello2: As good of an example as they come.
IMAG0845.jpg IMAG0841.jpg

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I don't know. I had seen one before and knew what it was when I saw this one, I knew it was valuable, so I grabbed it. I have only seen 3 or so online and this is the only one I've seen in person. Duffytrash says he owned one once, with a yellow streak in it, which makes it a brown traveler instead of a moody blues. C. Garret (know him?) is a big pelt guy and runs a marble show in Illinois. He may have been part of naming the type, not sure.

Gnome Punter

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to double check that name with Clyde Tuller :)
Clyde, as far as I know, is 1 of the 2 end-all- guys for Peltier data.
Duffy knows him by reputation.
I know the Pelt book that is coming out showcases most of it's pictures from his collection and the guy who is making the book who's name escapes me...but likes to play DUMB to jerk your marbles for nothing :P ANYWAY...I trust Clyde more than most and if there is any odd-ball names, he would know them. I also know Duffy knows a lot more than I on off-the wall marble names, so he may be dead on here, I saw a pelt Salamander a few weeks back...never heard the name before either :)

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Duffy didn't ID it, I did. I knew what it was when I bought it. If Clyde Tuller doesn't agree, I will have to educate him :D lol! Joking.

Pelts are up there at the top of the list with oddball names. There's the moody blues, brown traveler, root beer barrel, motor oil, silver surfer, salamander, chocolate cow, hersheys, and a ton of other stuff. I guess most of us know the Chritsmas trees, supermans, and all that stuff.

Last edited:

Gnome Punter

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah, I am "run of the mill" in my pelt knowledge.
Clyde showed me a Brown cow ? and a Chocolate Cow. I think he said the darkness of the brown mattered ? hell if I know. Lord knows I have given pelts away. I sold 528 over the summer and was shocked they hit 272.00 so I am sure something "odd" was in the bunch. Granted there were miller's and all,but a Miller MCS rainbow is jsut a thing compared to some of the other wild stuff.

I saw the Salamander as well.

Oh

And a Silver Surfer
Dunno what the other names you mentioned look like, how about some pics before I dump the next pelt lot :)

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
That silver surfer is one beautiful marble. I don't know what all the different pelts out there look like, just some of them.

I don't own one unfortunately, but for those who are wondering, here's what the silver surfer looks like. This is a pic I pulled off the net:

file.php

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread