surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Becky,

Welcome to TNet & thanks for showing us your find.

I do not see the hand of man, in the making of that stone.

You might post it in the North American Indian Artifacts section, where the experts can look it over.

8986329-realizado-por-el-sello-madre-naturaleza.jpg

Upvote 0

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kia ora Becky, from another Islander and welcome to Treasurenet.
What Island are you from? That might be a clue in identifying the type of stone.

I can see why you think it is a pendant, but the true shape isn't obvious in your pics. Please show one from another angle, which shows the groove around the top.

The stone looks like coral to me. Another possibility could be pumice. I presume it is quite light for its size?

Mike

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

IslandGirl

Tenderfoot
Nov 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kia ora Becky, from another Islander and welcome to Treasurenet.
What Island are you from? That might be a clue in identifying the type of stone.

I can see why you think it is a pendant, but the true shape isn't obvious in your pics. Please show one from another angle, which shows the groove around the top.

The stone looks like coral to me. Another possibility could be pumice. I presume it is quite light for its size?

Mike

Thanks everyone for answering. I am on Padre Island, in Texas.

The stone is porous, and weighs 4 oz. I have a good size collection of pumice, this is heavier. I can't see any groove around the top, just the two holes on one side and one hole on the other. I find this stone on occasion.

Upvote 0

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for answering. I am on Padre Island, in Texas.

The stone is porous, and weighs 4 oz. I have a good size collection of pumice, this is heavier. I can't see any groove around the top, just the two holes on one side and one hole on the other. I find this stone on occasion.

I now know of Padre Island, thanks Island Girl and Google. What an interesting place.

Mike

Edit: I think your item is coral or pumice. Whether or not it has been worked by hand, I don't know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread