OP
OP
Mike in Berks

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
truckinbutch said:
I'd drive up/down from WV to stand in those ranks .
truckinbuch I hope you get the chance to. I'm sure Washington would be
a better place than Harrisburg. Maybe they could hit both at the same time.
Mark S. said:
Mike in Berks said:
Mark S. said:
Family farms are having a hard enough time surviving and now they want to do this. This is absolute insanity. These morons have no concept of reality and absolutely no concept of farming. This could put many out of business. Now only dad and mom could work the fields or bring in hay or spread the you know what. And log books to boot.

When they have driven out of business all the people who provide our food and milk what then? Maybe we can import our food from China!

I see a revolution coming. And it will not be pretty. Just let them try to side with the UN, throw out our constition and take our firearms. Mark my words, that WILL cause a violent uprising.
Mark S. i agree with everything your saying :( except the revolution part.
Better to write a letter to your Senator, Congressman, etc., etc.

Mike I use to feel that way to. Just let your congressman know how you feel. That is how it should work but they are totally ignoring the will of the most of the people. Writing them, least on a federal level is virtually a waste of time. This administration is the poster child of that circus act. They have outright said thay don't give a damn what the people say and will do what they want. And what they want is the destruction of the constution. My senators staff argues with you when you call them and they tell you that you don't know what you are talking about. When you email them disagreeing with them they send you one back thanking you for AGREEING with them.
We are past the point of writing letters. Writing letters to the king did no good two centuries ago. We are at that same point now. If you read accounts of how various dictators came to power you will see a lot of parallels to what is happening now. From the takeover of industry and the media to prohibiting free speech and firearms. Want a big wake up then read a book "inside the third reich". Written by one of hitlers people while in prison. It will send chills up your spine as to how he came to power as seen by someone on the inside.
I wish I didn't feel this way but as a veteran, I will not sit idle and watch these america haters spit on every military member past and present who fought, and many died, for the very freedoms they are working to destroy.

Ok I wil get off my soapbox now.
Mark S. I understand what you're saying. It's gotten to the point where the people aren't
being heard by the people that were elected to deal with what we have to say. :(
I read the article again and i guess it's up to the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau to get the word
across to the government that their making a huge mistake with this law.
Knowing now your a veteran I :icon_salut: salute you. And "thank you" for serving your
country. You served to save freedom. They're taking it away. (sic)
goldie1959 said:
i think when reagan helped empty the psychiatric hospitals ,unfortunately most former patients ended up in congress .
It seems that way goldie1959
They know what their doing to benefit themselves. Unfortunately, not to benefit
"We The People". I sure hope this law gets overturned before it spreads to other states. Soon !!

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
Once this mandate is put into effect, the farmers will next be required to put in handicapped parking spaces for their farm vehicles. ::) (No idea when airbags will be required on tractors though.... )

When they have driven out of business all the people who provide our food and milk what then? Maybe we can import our food from China!

Already happening. I wanted to buy some apple juice the other day, but on all of the labels (even on competing brands) one of the ingredient sources listed was China. No $ale....

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
We need to keep this topic in the front and get as many people involved as possible . We will
all be affected by this in the long run if it is not stopped in it's infancy .

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
wasn't there also a bill last year along these same lines trying to stop food co-ops -gleaners and fruit /produce stands and baked goods .

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
goldie1959 said:
wasn't there also a bill last year along these same lines trying to stop food co-ops -gleaners and fruit /produce stands and baked goods .
Not sure about that , but this is a Federal Mandate . No vote required : they just DID IT and now we have to fight it .

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a Federal law, yes - but Pennsylvania is the only state they are trying to enforce it in, as far as I can tell.

Like I said before, South Dakota and Wyoming - for absolutely sure - does not follow this law.

B

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
mrs.oroblanco said:
Its a Federal law, yes - but Pennsylvania is the only state they are trying to enforce it in, as far as I can tell.

Like I said before, South Dakota and Wyoming - for absolutely sure - does not follow this law.

B
Fed Mandate . PA is the first place they are trying to shove it through . If they succeed
they WILL expand it to the rest of the states .
This is big , Mrs. O .

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Has anyone come up with a regulation reference # or a docket # for this boondoggle yet ? I have asked the articles' author, but have not received a response yet other than that NHTSA can be reached at 202-366-0650

If I can come up with a solid reference to pin comments to, i will post it here.

Once we can determiine the specific rules' title/reference, I would strongly suggest everyone that finds this whole notion to be inappropriate for NHTSA/USDOT to write a letter to the editor of their local paper to help make local farm folks aware of what is / has taken place and to their representatives.

Diggem'

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Can't help on that . All I know is that when someone gets a woodie they can get a mandate shoved through if they have enough horsepower . Most blatant abuse was Frank Lautenberg
deciding that he didn't want radar detectors in 'big trucks'....... Across the board now they are illegal in Class 8 trucks . Fines and confiscation of personal property . The general public didn't
care enough about a 'bunch of truckers' to make an outcry and we got jammed .

OP
OP
Mike in Berks

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
Has anyone come up with a regulation reference # or a docket # for this boondoggle yet ? I have asked the articles' author, but have not received a response yet other than that NHTSA can be reached at 202-366-0650

If I can come up with a solid reference to pin comments to, i will post it here.

Thanks Diggem :) If i find out anything i'll post it here to
mrs.oroblanco said:
Its being done by the Independent Regulatory Review Commission. (IRRC) Another non-voted in commission. Here is a link from the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau.

http://www.pfb.com/

B
Thanks for the link Mrs. O or B ?
I see it has a lot to do with driving on State or township roads. Not their private property like
i thought from the beginning.

PFB has concluded that the following restrictions and regulations will apply whenever farm trucks, farm tractors, and other agricultural vehicles are driven on any state or township road -- including just crossing the road -- if it is pulling something like a farm implement or trailer, and the vehicles together weigh more than 17,000 pounds:

I'm sure the parents make it very clear to the young ones:
"Look both ways twice to make sure it's safe to cross the road".

truckinbutch I'm sure you'll get the chance to teach your grandkids how to drive a tractor :)

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankly, I couldn't find it either, so I decided to go to the Farm Bureau (I figured they would know).

Don't be confused by the name :laughing9: My "handle" is Mrs.O (mrs.oroblanco), but my name is Beth, so I sign "B" most of the time.

B

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
We have 1.7mi of county road bisecting our farm that we have to travel on a daily basis with trucks and farm equiptment .
I'm tellin ya ; don't let the camel get his nose under the tent .

OP
OP
Mike in Berks

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
mrs.oroblanco said:
Frankly, I couldn't find it either, so I decided to go to the Farm Bureau (I figured they would know).

Don't be confused by the name :laughing9: My "handle" is Mrs.O (mrs.oroblanco), but my name is Beth, so I sign "B" most of the time.

B
Well Beth from now on i'm going to reply to you as your user name if you don't mind :)
truckinbutch said:
We have 1.7mi of county road bisecting our farm that we have to travel on a daily basis with trucks and farm equiptment .
I'm tellin ya ; don't let the camel get his nose under the tent .
truckinbutch i see that could cause a real problem for you if this law reaches your state :(
I gotta say thats the first time i heard that comment. So i had to google it And now i
know what it means. It really fits this situation.
Tomorrow i'm gonna talk to a few farmers in my area and see what their opinion is on this.
And see what they are doing about it.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
ridge runner09 said:
Camels will not back up , son . If they get their nose under your tent they will blow on through and destroy your home .........
So will bureaucrats ..........

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike in Berks,

You may call me any of the names mentioned that you feel comfortable with - back a few years ago, when Tnet first started, Roy and I were both on as Oroblanco - well, obviously, that didn't work too well, because nobody knew who was doing the posting until the end signature :laughing9:

So, I got my own as Mrs.Oroblanco. Now everone has to do a double take to see which one posted, because we both have our dogs on the avatar!! Just don't call me late to dinner.

As far as those "restrictions", its actually a Wyoming and South Dakota state law that says you can drive 150 miles - even out of your class (over
26,000 lbs., if it is for agricultural.). Most ranchers around here have 3,000-20,000 acres - and they are NOT continguous - you have to go on the highway to feed, you have to go on the highway to water, you have to go on the highway to get to the lands your haying and growing on.

We just don't even think about Federal Regulation of any type in that regard - the State says its ok - its ok.

Beth

OP
OP
Mike in Berks

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
Well, there's an update in the newspaper this morning .....

Berks County farmers can rest a little easier knowing that tractors would be "exempt" from new federal rules prohibiting anyone under 18 from operating heavy farm equipment in Pennsylvania.
Mark O'Neill, a spokesman for the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau, said federal regulators recently clarified the impact the regulations would have on the state's farm families.
Many farm families rely on teens to help with daily operations.

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=201027

Although tractors would be exempt, the rules would apply to heavy duty pickup trucks :icon_scratch:
That means a farmer could not have his children under 18 assist in hauling animals
to market >>>> or moving hay from a barn to a field :icon_scratch:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
dear govt rule making morons -- a farming tractor with a trailer attached to it is NOT REPEAT NOT a "tractor trailer rig" aka as "semi truck and trailer" like those driven on a highway --so please remove your head from yer rectum and smell the coffee , and use a bit of common sense when making rules.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike in Berks said:
Well, there's an update in the newspaper this morning .....

Berks County farmers can rest a little easier knowing that tractors would be "exempt" from new federal rules prohibiting anyone under 18 from operating heavy farm equipment in Pennsylvania.
Mark O'Neill, a spokesman for the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau, said federal regulators recently clarified the impact the regulations would have on the state's farm families.
Many farm families rely on teens to help with daily operations.

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=201027

Although tractors would be exempt, the rules would apply to heavy duty pickup trucks :icon_scratch:
That means a farmer could not have his children under 18 assist in hauling animals
to market >>>> or moving hay from a barn to a field :icon_scratch:

the part about hauling animals
to market seems more reasonable.
farm kids should not be given special
treatment simply so they can drive the highways
fruther then is necessary to do their fields anyway.

moving hay from a barn to their own fields
or vica-verca should be reconsidered though
if it's within a reasonable distance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread