Pennies!

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Learned on Bounty Hunter Junior, then Tracker IV, and now using the Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey guys! I know this isn't the penny lot but yet weren't accepting anymore posts so I posted here! I'm getting more pennies of $10.00 to search today after school. Will update you what I find. I forgot to update last week but last week I got six wheat pennies 3 Canadians and three s mint marked pennies... But I had a question, do you keep all Canadian coins regardless of the year? Please let me know I don't know if I should keep all Canadian pennies? Thank you! :)

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes keep them, since they dont make them anymore!

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Learned on Bounty Hunter Junior, then Tracker IV, and now using the Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes keep them, since they dont make them anymore!

Okay so keep all of them regardless of the date? Or what years of the Canadian pennies should I keep? Would they even be worth anything if I kept them all? And they are anything special or can I just throw them in a box? Thank you! :)

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was a kid, I CRH'd for years, and saved all Canadian coins. I had like 45 dollars worth, all rolled up ready to spend on my family vacation to Nova Scotia. So I am like 15 yrs old, and saved MY money like a good boy. My heathen little bro had nothing, so mom and dad hook him up w/ the same amount I had before we crossed he border. Get to the currency exchange, I turn in my rolls for bills, and he gets like 60 bucks after the exchange from US to Canadian. This was a long time ago, and yes I am still pissed about it! So, to this day, I spend Canadian coins as fast as I get them, I have even refused them in my change, and you can be sure I dump them back into the wild if I get the urge to hunt pennies on a whim. Not sure what the exchange rate is now, nor do I care. Sure I root for Canada in the Olympics after USA, but the $ does nothing for me...............that being said, still looking for a 1922 to complete my book!:laughing7:

PennyRoll

Mar 29, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay so keep all of them regardless of the date? Or what years of the Canadian pennies should I keep? Would they even be worth anything if I kept them all? And they are anything special or can I just throw them in a box? Thank you! :)

I save all CA cents regardless of year, the copper is just a bonus with them. I keep the I think it's '63 and lower separate though. The one with the king on it and the doves only because I don't find many here.

mikewthomps

Greenie
May 29, 2014
Kansas city (leawood)
Detector(s) used
my hands and eyes but im about to buy a metal detector so yeah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have to get a box day after day and you will get a lot keep every error and stamp all canadas. Ive been coin roll hunting for a month and a half and i have 500 wheat pennies a 1909 and an 1881 indian head a 1911s and half the teens twenties and half the thirties u just have to go through as many as you can its all a number game.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread