Pennies?

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spend everything except the Wheats...Guess I kinda like them.

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
copper pennies that arent collectable go in one jar, wheaties go in another, zinc pennies and other clad go in coin counter jar for bank.

Aug 21, 2007
SC_hunter said:
I spend everything except the Wheats...Guess I kinda like them.

Haha, there is something charming about Wheat pennies... maybe because they remind us of the plastic pennies we used to play with as children. You know, the onces that just said: 1c on them. :D

GreatcountySky
Satellite Internet

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
keep the wheat cents -- and 1981's and earlier good metal type cents -- spend the zinc cents (junk) -- put the cruddy zincs in the middle of coins rolls --turn em in------oh by the way --funny note---- america has never made pennies -- the british used the term "pennies": --we americans to show that we were free from britain money wize made "cents" but the term "penny" for a copper coin hung on. and for more than one penny the english say "pence" -- "pennies" is solely a american term.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Keep the wheat backs and the copper cents, junk or spend the zink trash....

Desertfox

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Put the zincs back into circulation unless they come out of the ocean, keep all others. If they come out of the ocean they are completely ruined, unrecognizable and go into the trash can with the rest of the trash.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't there an annerversy of the Penny coming up in 1909? I should look at the dates a lot more than I do, but all the Indian Heads & Wheats get saved.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Sandman said:
Isn't there an annerversy of the Penny coming up in 1909? I should look at the dates a lot more than I do, but all the Indian Heads & Wheats get saved.

Hopefully you mean 2009! :D

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think wheat's main numismatic value comes from the fact that people hope to see a rise in value for them. So they are being horded. That and they look a little different...

Keep @ it and HH!!

OP
OP
geckokid

geckokid

Aug 4, 2007
Delaware, USA
Detector(s) used
Eldorado
I spend the Zinc 1982 and newer and keep the copper pennies and wheat cents (some 1982 Pennies are copper) 1982- and older.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A penny may only be 1 cent, but they add up. Besides, they're way more fun to dig than pulltabs. Save the specials, spend the others.
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread