Penny AND dime trifecta, 100th indian, LC, and MORE!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kyle (Nooberz) met with me today for a hunt. Man what a day, this has got to be in my top 3 best ever detecting days!

First we stopped by one of my field sites cause he has never dug an indian, and I knew he would get one there. And boy did he! He wound up digging 7 indians there including a semi key 1867!!

I got the no date large cent, and 2 indians, one was the semi key 1868.

From there we grabbed a bite and started knocking doors. We met a super wonderful lady at the house we got permission for, could not ask for a sweeter woman, she was 82 yrs old and was full of spunk!

There I dug 2 indian spills first one had 3 indians, 2nd one had 2 indians which took me to 99 indians for the season. I knew I was going to hit 100 today! :laughing7:

I found the first walker, barber and merc all withing inches of each other. Another possible spill?.........then another walker and a couple rosies to make 6 silver from this farm. :thumbsup:

Right before we left I got an iffy indian signal and I knew this could be #100........and it was a 1900 indian to make my new goal of 100 injuns!!! :hello2:

I even found a few relics, nice old key, small bell (broke) plated spoon and a real nice heel plate with heart cut out.

The penny trifecta was a no date LC, indian and wheat.

the dime trifecta was the barber, merc, and rosie...I was on cloud nine most of the day and didn't even realize I had trifectas till I started cleaning coins....lol :tongue3:

DSC00666.jpg

DSC00667.jpg

DSC00668.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

DSC00670.jpg

DSC00672.jpg

DSC00673.jpg

here is a video from today, I didn't much footage from the farm house because the owner was looking over my shoulder almost the whole time..lol

Upvote 0

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
I'm hoping that reading this rubs some luck off on me. Very good day.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I added the video..........

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet on the 100 IHs. nice silver!! gotta love the 1 center triffectas!!!!! MR TUFF

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great group of finds :headbang: Two walkers in one day, quite impressive :notworthy: HH Gene

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a day we all dream of. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Tuff said:
sweet on the 100 IHs. nice silver!! gotta love the 1 center triffectas!!!!! MR TUFF
believe it or not I have only done the penny trifecta once before and that was with a flying eagle LC and injun

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
WOW!! My eyes are bleeding!! Congrats on the super great finds, 2 Walkers :thumbsup:

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had one awesome day indeed, but congrats on all the nice silvers, Indians and everything :thumbsup:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow! what a day! :thumbsup:

jcooking

Feb 28, 2010
Montana
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-1 probe
Garrett AT Gold
Thats one heck of a hunt, huge congratulations! :headbang:

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro
little history on boot plates i,ve heard i got acouble my self from my info the one you found with the heart shape were worn by ladys of the nite so as the men could fellow the foot prints to the local house of ill repute dirt roads and side walks in the good old days i read this story some were lost treasue mag or american digger not sure which your oter finds all awsome just thouht you,lld enjoy the history on your ladys boot plate

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 245

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet haul there, Terry. 2 wakers must have really felt good to find in one hunt. WTG on te super hunt. 100 Indians :o That's really an impressive number to achieve in a years time :notworthy:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
teleman 2525 said:
little history on boot plates i,ve heard i got acouble my self from my info the one you found with the heart shape were worn by ladys of the nite so as the men could fellow the foot prints to the local house of ill repute dirt roads and side walks in the good old days i read this story some were lost treasue mag or american digger not sure which your oter finds all awsome just thouht you,lld enjoy the history on your ladys boot plate
Interesting history. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to keep my eye out for that kind of foot print :laughing7:

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
Sweet haul there, Terry. 2 wakers must have really felt good to find in one hunt. WTG on te super hunt. 100 Indians :o That's really an impressive number to achieve in a years time :notworthy:
thanks Ron, it has been a fun season!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions