Penny box with suprising results

Coin_Surfer

Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a penny box yesterday. When the teller handed it to me, the box looked brand new, so I looked, but all circulated. We get home and when I'm done, I was very surprised with the results.

Wheats:
1941p
1944p
1954d
1957d
1958d

Canadian

Only four wheat pennies. I usually get 11 or 12.

I got one unusual coin. It says Queen Elizabeth the second on the front, and on the back it says Hong-Kong 1982 twenty cents, and in the middle is a foreign language. The rim is shaped like a flower. Does anyone know what this is? I also found two 1970S that I am going to see if small or large.

Attachments

• hkk.jpg
    hkk.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 344
  • hkkk.jpg
    hkkk.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 376
Upvote 0

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a 20 cent coin from Hong Kong, back when it was under British control (it has since passed to the control of the Chinese government). I don't think the 1982 issue is particularly rare, but I believe it is nickel-brass.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
nice find. I don't know much about foreign coins but that one sure is unique looking and it's at least a nice souvenir keeper. :thumbsup:

I just found a real interesting foreign cent coin in a cent box myself. It's a Balboa coin from Panama and has URRACA 1991 and someone's face inscribed on obverse. It looks really unique and I'm sure others here have found coins like this but I think it's the first one of these coins I've ever found. :)

keep on surfin'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions