Penny heaven found!

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last 2 day I have been swinging my ETP in a friends yard for a total of 4 hours and I am totally mystified by what I am finding..

On the West yard I found nothing but 1 Zinc Memorial but in the east yard I found so many pennies that my detector goes off every few inches in 6 different locations all 2' X 2' areas.

I dug 39 wheaties from one 1919, one 1920, 29 from 44-45 and the rest from 51-58. dug 56 Lincoln zincs. 6 clad dimes and 6 clad quarters.

You'd think there has to be silver there but can not find one. I dig every signal but just find pennies. did find 2 matchbox cars and some no name toy tractor.

I am going back again with the F2 with the 4" coil later this coming week.

I just can not figure out why all the coins are in those 2X2 areas scattered around the west yard but no where else. Any ideas?

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re-thinking that, I think maybe there was a booth of sorts maybe setup there. something receiving money from others. Carnivals, maybe something of that nature?

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
You never know. When I was a kid I used to find all kind of coins in our yard. Not just from the USA but China and others also. I found 12 Indian pennies and a three cent nickle. There were bunches.
My mother thought perhaps the previous owners had a collection that their kids might have got into. Now that's a place I'd like to go MD.

VTPanner

May 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe there is a historical story behind that spot, like the possibility of there being an old store or something there. I'm new here so I'm unsure about the back story.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Papalittle; Please Post some pictures. That would give us a better idea of the lay out ok. Then we can better figure it out ok. PEACE:RONB

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats.I would love to find pennies like that.HH

OP
OP
Papalittle

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Papalittle; Please Post some pictures. That would give us a better idea of the lay out ok. Then we can better figure it out ok. PEACE:RONB

Front view, will get more pictures in the next day or two.
THAYER.jpg

Google satellite view https://www.google.com/maps/place/7...2!3m1!1s0x879815f1f7374f0d:0x11a182fcec5b1e10

Last edited:
OP
OP
Papalittle

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went there again for an hour and found 10 more wheaties, 14 Memorials, 6 clad dimes and 2 clad quarters but no silver! grrrr.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my best guess.....grandkids are visiting...grandad hucks a handfull of coins to keep em buisy.It becomes something regular.....why do I guess this?yup....my grandad did this very thing and when my mom was selling property I detected it after the work I was doing...was small patches of coins.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either that so someone's piggy bank exploded in that spot! There's a bit of silver there some where for ya! See if you can figure out where the clothes line was. The kids may have been toss'n pennies around but dad may have had silver in his pockets on wash day.

Congrats on wheats and finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread