Penny jackpot Mis-strike

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG!! I'm not totally sure but I think I found a jackpot penny. Mannn, it's totally cool. I was working and popped open a roll of pennies and saw this weird penny that I threw into my extra tray for later. Well, I looked at it later and it's a 50% misstrike, year 199-, and on the back of the coin the lincoln memorial is upside down also 50%. Someone help me with this. I don't know a bloody thing about mis-strikes. Here is a really bad picture of the face. I had only a second to take a picture of it before throwing my phone back into my pocket.

Coin.jpg

Really really sorry for the crummy picture. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Can't believe I found this in a roll of pennies. so sweet. Will try to get a better picture of it.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Upvote 0

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's worth about 5 bucks since you can't see the date. Give or take a few bucks, I mean.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool find there GL! HH, Maverick.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Nice find - not worth that much but great find. Very cool. Makes you wonder how it stayed in circulation so long.

Maine_Jim

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow!!!

Amazing find garou! I bought one similar so I could say I had one when I first started collecting. Was only 3 or 4 dollars. But still a good one for the collection!
Wicka

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I still want to find one of these guys. I've hunted a lot and never found one where the image went off the coin.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Since this is my first find of this kind, I'm keeping this one. But I'm selling stuff. Need to package up some other stuff once I get a second or two. LMAO rotten toilet acted up again. And this is the new one we just got put in 2 weeks ago. Mr Rooter didn't charge me but I told them that there was a warrenty on it. They said that was on leaks and such, not on clogs. Serves me right for not checking the fine print, ohh that's right, they didn't give me a written warrenty. Bummers. I found a couple of canadian pennies and wheaties from my till but that one penny was super cool.

Sincerely, Garoulady

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I'd keep that one also. That is what makes the hunt worth it. I have quite a few coins in 2x2's that aren't worth that much but I still like to collect them. I'd much rather get that cent error than a 90% coin any day. I've searched a lot of coins and never found one like that.

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions