Penny ROAD TRIP!!!

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was about 130 miles from home for work yesterday and since traffic was horrible during rush hour I decided to stop at a many banks as possible on my way home to pick up as many pennies (I know cents) as I could...

I filled three shoe boxes like this one with loose rolls and then got an additional 5 complete boxes!!! The best part is only about $10 worth were solid 2013's...so I will have ALOT to search through!

I don't even know how much I got yesterday yet because its all on the living room floor but if I had to guess its probably close to $350-$400!!!

HH

image-1520828520.jpg

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome! good luck and let us know how you do! I love searching CWR when I can too...

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bust out the gloves, you're going to need them!

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Wow good luck! You might want to wear gloves. It doesn't bother me, but my hands are black afterwards.

BenVA

Sep 16, 2003
SW VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's MXT, Tesoro Compadre and Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I plan on doing something similar. I also plan to pick some up when we go on vacation in a few months as well. I will be two states away and I am going to try to pick up at least a few boxes of cents.

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I went through about $75 +\- last night (wound up being just shy of $350 total that I picked up)

Out of the first batch I searched I found 79 wheats...one full box produced over half of those!

Don't know how much copper but it seems to be about the same I usually pull...

More results and pictures to follow wen I finish this project!!!

HH

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That sounds like a pretty good box! Are you looking for any errors, WAM, ect.. or just wheats and Indians?

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That sounds like a pretty good box! Are you looking for any errors, WAM, ect.. or just wheats and Indians?

Usually just search for wheats, Indians, and copper but recently I started looking for a few WAM, and small date 70s (I think?). I saw a few of these on eBay for about $20 a pop with multiple bids...as of right now I have yet to find an error or variation of any sort. I suppose I need to educate myself a bit and maybe sort I to separate cups like Coppercrazy does!

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Usually just search for wheats, Indians, and copper but recently I started looking for a few WAM, and small date 70s (I think?). I saw a few of these on eBay for about $20 a pop with multiple bids...as of right now I have yet to find an error or variation of any sort. I suppose I need to educate myself a bit and maybe sort I to separate cups like Coppercrazy does!

I find it easier to add one variety at a time to put into cups. For example put the 98s, 99s, and 00s in a cup do that for $100 then start worrying about the CAMs and putting them in a cup, then $100 later add another variety.

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I find it easier to add one variety at a time to put into cups. For example put the 98s, 99s, and 00s in a cup do that for $100 then start worrying about the CAMs and putting them in a cup, then $100 later add another variety.

That's exactly what I did tonight...sorted out all of the 98, 99, & 00...now I'm resting my eyes before I look through them. Since I'm on the West Coast right now most coins I find are D mint so it's slim picking for no mint mark!!!

HH

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just finished all of these coins I got and the totals are in...

167 wheats (oldest was in the 20's)
60 canadian
23.19% copper (actually above my average)
6 dimes
3 misc foreign (panama, united emirates, and Jamaica I think?)

Took awhile but I suppose I like the results. It was nice doing a Mia of CWR and MWR to keep things interesting.

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread