Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the last section of the pastor's yard and got hammered by one signal after another of copper Lincoln's and Zincoln's...........43 of 'em!! They wore me out.........then I meandered out to the front of the house and managed to pull some clad..........
By then, it was time to go take care of my girl's. As I made my way to the van, I got 2 nice signals that I stopped to dig........glad I did!!

815 Hunt 1.jpg

After spending time with the Rotts, I went to the neighborhood school with hopes of retrieving a little more clad (with a new vigor to my step from my last 2 finds)...........

815 Hunt 2.jpg

So, all in all a good day..........
Here's the best part..........the last 2 digs at the pastor's yard.......still no gold ring, however...............

815 Keepers.jpg

A nice old cuff link and an 1888 IHP!!

IHPs 1888 1902 obv.jpg IHPs 1888 1902 rev.jpg

The 1902 from yesterday and the 1888 from today after a first cleaning...........

Thanks for lookin' in and good luck on all your detecting ventures!!

Upvote 15

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
LOL, THAT is a lot of penny digging to finally get an injun! Nice scores though. Congrats on your two indians in two days. Whew, I am tired just looking at all the cents.

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, THAT is a lot of penny digging to finally get an injun! Nice scores though. Congrats on your two indians in two days. Whew, I am tired just looking at all the cents.

:laughing7: You ain't kiddin', Scuba........wore me right out.......physically and mentally........until the last 2 finds. Thanks for the moral support!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The "Lincoln Coin" plagues my hunts too... zinc and copper... if you don't dig them, the guy behind you digs them, and they turn out to be Mercs on edge! Dang it! The cuff link is nice, and the IHCs are really sweet. Ours are usually crusty and chewed up, yours are smooth and shiny... well played sir!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice IH and old cuff link recoveries! :occasion14:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done,, you have some soil that has been very kind to those IHP's. They cleaned up really nice.
Congrats

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "Lincoln Coin" plagues my hunts too... zinc and copper... if you don't dig them, the guy behind you digs them, and they turn out to be Mercs on edge! Dang it! The cuff link is nice, and the IHCs are really sweet. Ours are usually crusty and chewed up, yours are smooth and shiny... well played sir!

Thanks, Tom.......I've been fortunate with the condition of some of the older finds, but my first IHP date still eludes me (186?)
And I dig 'em all.......enough to fill half a 5 lbs. coffee can with Zincln's.........I'll be a tumblin' fool this winter!! :laughing7:
The cuff link is.......well, pretty cool (imho).......I saved it.............

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How were those IHP's cleaned? Thx

Air dried and cleaned with a toothpick.........the credit goes to McCDig. He gave me his method several weeks ago. He also gives his coppers a quick hot peroxide bath before the toothpick cleaning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread