Penny stamped with an arrow and other finds from an already hunted site

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
I spent a few hours at my sister's yard today. House dates back to the 1820s or so. But it has already been hunted many times (not by me! :wink: ). Put my coil down and walk about two steps and find the 1944 Mercury Dime. Then I hit the wheats in quick succession 1919, 1926, 1945. The last one I found is a 1914 with an arrow stamped on the front and back.

I already posted it in What is It? and the suggestion that is might be a type of gaming piece sounds good to me.

I thought the next item was a shotgun shell cap but after I cleaned it up it appears to be the eyepiece/lens for a microscope? or something along that line. It does magnify when you look through it.

Found a copper disk that might be a button or something? (already posted in What is it?) If you have any ideas about this one please let me know ;D

Lastly was the 1925 Buffalo nickel. I couldn't make out the date at first so I had to really clean it up.

Thanks for looking~

dexteu.jpg

358cenc.jpg

2lid5c8.jpg

149s2mr.jpg

2d8i2cz.jpg

Upvote 0

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
The microscope piece reminds me of the eye piece end of a kaleidoscope?? Not sure but maybe...

MB

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread