PennyMiser?

2Cents

Nov 4, 2009
California
Thre newest Rydale is $120.00. It's hand fed and uses a comparitor. I bought one a few weeks back and love it. I looked at the penny miser and I just don't think it's worth it.

OP
OP
JJtheRollHunter

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
2Cents said:
Thre newest Rydale is $120.00. It's hand fed and uses a comparitor. I bought one a few weeks back and love it. I looked at the penny miser and I just don't think it's worth it.

I didn't see it on their website. Could you give me a link or an email to contact? Thanks.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just email Andy @ ryedale and ask him about his newest machine. He will know what you are asking about. From what I hear the thing kicks a$$. Its much better than the penny miser.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I dunno about you guys but I ordered a Ryedale a month ago for $500 and it works well. Andy said he did not have anything else for less so I was forced to buy that one. From the looks of it, the Ryedale is split up into 2 portions, one is the feed area and the other is the comparitor. The feed area just splits up the pile of cents you have and feeds it one by one into a comparitor which splits them up. I can easily just put cents into the comparitor myself one by one and it still separates them. The feed area is easier because you can dump a large pile into the hopper and walk away. Occasionally the comparitor jams when two cents get stuck together by being fed through at once and nothing goes through. I would say it works well and a good machine. If you want the penny miser, all you need is a comparitor which costs $50 bucks. and set up a way to feed it. There's ones on Ebay like that. That's a Ryedale done on the cheap but it's still not as fast as the original.

2Cents

Nov 4, 2009
California
JJtheRollHunter said:
2Cents said:

I didn't see it on their website. Could you give me a link or an email to contact? Thanks.

Here's the link:

http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=723

You will need to register with realcent to access the forum.

bgretz1989

Dec 28, 2008
its called the Axcent. it uses a comparitor and there is also the Ace which uses a magnet. the axcent seems too be the way to go in my opinion.

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
silver spoon said:
penny miser rysedale?What the heck are all you guys talking about.I live in illinois and ive never heard anybody talk about this. I thought banks are the only places allowed to have coin seperators.SO YOU CAN BUY SOMETHING TO SEPERATE COPPER FROM ZINC HOW ABOUT SOMETHING THAT SEPERATES wheaties from lincoln pre 1981s.Also how about nickles and quarters and dimes does this work for these too and halfs too!Somebody please email me or right on here where to find this machine!Im very curious how much this is can you get it at a hobby lobby store!Somebody please respnd immediately thank you for your help!

Most comparitors can be used to separate lots of different coins, all depends on the feed mechanism if you can do other coins. You can set it to separate out the earlier wheats if you fiddle with it enough and use a proper comparison coin. You can also separate silver from copper clad using the right coin and right feed.

You can buy a comparitor on ebay for $20 bucks and then set up your own feeder and coin, but you have to wire it.

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Rydale AxCent should be here Thursday or Friday of this coming week, and after a little use I will respond in this thread on how it is.

HH

Nick

bgretz1989

Dec 28, 2008
i have had my axcent for a few weeks now and it works great. andy allowed me to ship him my ace and he upgraded it for a decent price

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread