PEOPLE MESSING UP MDing FOR EVERYONE ELSE

joerc2002

Sep 12, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000 //garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Its no secret the park services are closed, I have a permit from park service to MD but now i cant get in there, I could go anyway but I know these guys who work there (or did) till this mess gets straight.. I was at a road side flea mkt this morning looking around before anyone showed up, when a truck load of guys pulls up and we began to chat about what kinda stuff i had found, they all had MD's and were headed to the beach and camp ground area because (no one was there to stop them) they had been at it for a week.. That Pissed me off bad enuff but when I ask where they were from they said __________ the next state over.. why come and mess up my privlige in my area i asked them. they just laffed at my comment.. These are men of no morals IMO. why not piss off the park service in there area. I'm sure there actions will get my privlige revolked.. BUT what do ya do??

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get in the truck with them..

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Its no secret the park services are closed, I have a permit from park service to MD but now i cant get in there, I could go anyway but I know these guys who work there (or did) till this mess gets straight.. I was at a road side flea mkt this morning looking around before anyone showed up, when a truck load of guys pulls up and we began to chat about what kinda stuff i had found, they all had MD's and were headed to the beach and camp ground area because (no one was there to stop them) they had been at it for a week.. That Pissed me off bad enuff but when I ask where they were from they said __________ the next state over.. why come and mess up my privlige in my area i asked them. they just laffed at my comment.. These are men of no morals IMO. why not piss off the park service in there area. I'm sure there actions will get my privlige revolked.. BUT what do ya do??

How would their "actions get your priveledge revoked", if as you say:

".... they all had MD's and were headed to the beach and camp ground area because (no one was there to stop them)....."

Not saying this is wonderful that anyone would dare go 56 in a 55 zones if it was well-known-that highway patrols had the day off ...... but just trying to understand your question.

Also another question: if detecting is as easy as it was for you when you go in there (so it's not somehow so cotton-picken-off-limits, since you go routinely in there), then ...... what's the problem? Why CAN'T they go in there too, simply as you have, in the past? They could just as easily have gone in all along anyhow, as-have-you. It makes me not understand your issue of anger, if .... detecting can be done there, regardless ? I mean, heck, why not just go with them, as Terry says, since you could have, then and now, anyhow, all long ?

Last edited:

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Follow them in your vehicle,detect with them but keep your vehicle a little ways away, and parked nonchalantly.
Then when SHTF, get to your vehicle and go like h__l.
If you feel like. I don't condone breaking laws, but?

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truthfully Joe, they are not ruining it for anyone - People just don't like MDing. They are pissed that we are getting something they are not. The officials all over this country are trying to outlaw detecting on land and in water. Just go for it!! Get what you can while you can, soon enough, you will need to be an Archy or you will go to jail if caught detecting. ENJOY!!!!

OP
OP
J

joerc2002

Sep 12, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000 //garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you guys look at it like you want, i get in by asking and going thru the channels they ask me to take. not taking advantage of this situation where the sheep dog is not watching the heard,, you guys sound like the ones who screwed up the four wheeling here on national forest by tearing up property and not giving a crapp, and i see that there are no morals here so i m done with this fourm, from your train of thought its ok do do what anyone else does as long as they do it thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard.. But that is probly the reason that you as well as those guys have to go somewhere else to hunt, and I can go most anywhere i want. And ive meet very few ppl who dont like MDing they just dont like the thought of someone digging big hole in their ground and lraving it there..
good bye...

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sound like an Archy Joe - "Digging BIG holes and leaving them there" <---Yeah, that's what we do. Huge numbers of people have fallen into these large crevasses. You have opinions on what you experience in life, you are lucky enough not to have experienced the idiotic laws that keep people from MDing. Here in Minnesota they have an entity called "Three Rivers Park System" They control a huge amount of parks / beaches. Kids can dig in the sand & make sand castles, but you better not scoop up a ring. Another BS "rule" that I for one, will never abide by.
Just another power hungry official that was never voted into office, makig their own rules...............

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's no reason to call Joe an archie as he's right......There ARE a lot of unfilled holes everywhere.
Just because someone wants to follow the rules (even if the rules seem like B.S.) they should be respected the same for having an opinion.
Joe, if you want to leave the forum based on the morals of 4 posters out of 60,000+ then that's your decision.
If this was about private property and trespassing, then the dust would fly off of my keyboard!
I just want to acknowledge your post and hope that in this day and age with the internet and varying opinions, you take it with a grain of salt and stick around. :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Dave.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
People mess up everything, not just MD'ing.

They leave piles of trash on the beach, throw crap out the window, can't park in a single spot, don't know what a garbage can is, take a dog into the neighborhood pooping and peeing on everyone else's property, text and drive, block up the flow of traffic in the grocery store, ask stupid questions at the toll booth, procreate unnecessarily... this list goes on and on and on-

Welcome to Earth.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Joerc2002 if you leave because of a few.Sorry but if you don't want to be around the few jerks.You would have to be a hermit on a mountain top.With no interaction with anyone.Thats how the real world goes.I would never judge all by the actions of a few.

Jayman931

Feb 27, 2011
Hattiesburg MS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with ya Joe. You are doing it right. Unfortunately there will always be people who do not.(that number is growing daily) Keep on keeping on and ignore all the riff raft. Happy Hunting

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jerc2002,

You know my friend, it's kind of like when I used to go Elk and Mule Deer guiding/hunting. We lease a 6500 acre ranch up in Colorado for my buddy's outfitting business. I guided hunters and because of my background, I also ran security on the ranch for trespassers. Because the ranch was surrounded mostly by BLM land, the Elk would usually run onto the ranch during Elk season and thus, so would the trespassers chasing them, despite our numerous "No Trespassing" signs. When they saw no one nearby enforcing the no trespassing signs, they figured it was fair game to trespass. After several years of being nice and finding the same guys trespassing yearly, I got tired and worked out a deal with the Sheriff. I set up these trespassers and nailed every one of them then when they came onto the ranch, and then filed charges on them. Someone who honestly made a mistake coming onto the ranch, I of course, just asked to leave very nicely. Take my word for it, a purposeful trespasser is just a trespasser, or law breaker..PERIOD! and they will also break other laws too when given the chance. Stick to your guns and stay true to your core beliefs of obeying the laws because you are right and certainly don't judge the majority by the actions or opinions of a minor few.

goen 4 gold

Apr 12, 2012
bellevue ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES- dfx,dx1,d2 coil 4x6 shooter coil.....
beach hunter id 300, vibra probe pin pointer.....
GARRETT-ace 250

warren tweed pick,
GPAA pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they use my tax money to keep these parks, so I will use them as I see fit! as long as I can make it look as If I was never there, im not causing anyone any harm, the stuff in the ground is a free for all! private property is a different story, ur just asking for trouble, if not getting yourself shot.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi joerc2002; Get their plate number, take pics and report them. Only Effective thing you can do. That way when the Rangers ask you can tell them that you did Report the perps. The Rangers aren't stupid. They figure your on their side and give you the green light. Only thing I can suggest.Burns me too when I see it. Good Luck. PEACE:RONB

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Tom in CA; I believe the problem is that he has gone through all the proper channels, Obtained the proper permit and then sees these nuts raiding the place. I know of several similar instances, as I'm sure we all do, where this happened and the guy who did the right thing gets burned. Just my take. We await ---- :icon_scratch: PEACE:RONB

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did say you live in Florida, I know why they laughed. Obey the cones, you must obey the cones lol. I would have a cone burning party dude.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say it's all fair game while the government's shut down. They can't shut down and expect people not to take advantage, considering that's all they do of us

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jerc2002,

You know my friend, it's kind of like when I used to go Elk and Mule Deer guiding/hunting. We lease a 6500 acre ranch up in Colorado for my buddy's outfitting business. I guided hunters and because of my background, I also ran security on the ranch for trespassers. Because the ranch was surrounded mostly by BLM land, the Elk would usually run onto the ranch during Elk season and thus, so would the trespassers chasing them, despite our numerous "No Trespassing" signs. When they saw no one nearby enforcing the no trespassing signs, they figured it was fair game to trespass. After several years of being nice and finding the same guys trespassing yearly, I got tired and worked out a deal with the Sheriff. I set up these trespassers and nailed every one of them then when they came onto the ranch, and then filed charges on them. Someone who honestly made a mistake coming onto the ranch, I of course, just asked to leave very nicely. Take my word for it, a purposeful trespasser is just a trespasser, or law breaker..PERIOD! and they will also break other laws too when given the chance. Stick to your guns and stay true to your core beliefs of obeying the laws because you are right and certainly don't judge the majority by the actions or opinions of a minor few.

now that's the way to approach a problem. Thanks for actually being reasonable, most people are not

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's no reason to call Joe an archie as he's right......There ARE a lot of unfilled holes everywhere.
Just because someone wants to follow the rules (even if the rules seem like B.S.) they should be respected the same for having an opinion.
Joe, if you want to leave the forum based on the morals of 4 posters out of 60,000+ then that's your decision.
If this was about private property and trespassing, then the dust would fly off of my keyboard!
I just want to acknowledge your post and hope that in this day and age with the internet and varying opinions, you take it with a grain of salt and stick around. :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Dave.

Did not call him an Archy, said he sounds like one - meaning they say the same BS. I don't know anyone who leaves holes and still they outlaw detecting for no reason. All you sheeple who abide by foolishness, be my guest - enjoy your limited detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread