IMG_3104.JPG

Upvote 0

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, a holy pinpointer! You must be Catholic!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But do you deliberately brush against brush with your truck on a narrow mountain road to get to a good spot, and leave scratches on it that MOST TIMES buff out? I DO. Now that's tough on equipment.

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, FISHER F75 Limited Edition, Teknetics EuroTek Pro, Garrett Ace150, 250,400i, Minelabs E-trac, Minelabs Equinox 600, Whites 6000D, DFX Pro,Bounty Hunter All -out of text space.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need my 3d printed Garrett Pro Pointer Tip Protector...BIG TIME... LOL :thumbsup:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2749107

063d5c9b9d4032127dfd6b66f0e76985_preview_featured.jpg

My Carrot was just as bad as yours. I used a little bit of Goop to waterproof around these 3d printed tips and voila ! No need for a new pin pointer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But do you deliberately brush against brush with your truck on a narrow mountain road to get to a good spot, and leave scratches on it that MOST TIMES buff out? I DO. Now that's tough on equipment.

Yes I do but minus the mountains

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, FISHER F75 Limited Edition, Teknetics EuroTek Pro, Garrett Ace150, 250,400i, Minelabs E-trac, Minelabs Equinox 600, Whites 6000D, DFX Pro,Bounty Hunter All -out of text space.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're free to download if you have a 3d printer via the Thingiverse link. I'd send you a ziplock bag full of some printed ones but right now my printers down with a bad stepper motor. Give me a week to get it back up and running and I'll print and send you some for free just because your a bada$$ hard core pinpointer user and you could use them ... lol :P Just PM me with your address.
..When you get them add some Goop around the edge and slide it on to waterproof the tip again.

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how you can do that with a carrot. I have had 3 of them go berserk on me before I can barely even scratch the shell. 2 have been sent in and were replaced without any issues at all. The 3rd was one of the replacements. Very disappointed.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had a problem with a Garrett. Mine is years old now,. One that was not waterproof I left outside for a month, rain and all. Someone found it and gave it back and I had Garret fix it.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They're free to download if you have a 3d printer via the Thingiverse link. I'd send you a ziplock bag full of some printed ones but right now my printers down with a bad stepper motor. Give me a week to get it back up and running and I'll print and send you some for free just because your a bada$$ hard core pinpointer user and you could use them ... lol :P Just PM me with your address.
..When you get them add some Goop around the edge and slide it on to waterproof the tip again.

Glenn thank you very much I appreciate you doing that for me.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know how you can do that with a carrot. I have had 3 of them go berserk on me before I can barely even scratch the shell. 2 have been sent in and were replaced without any issues at all. The 3rd was one of the replacements. Very disappointed.

Easy metal detect every day for a year in Louisiana dry clay.....itโ€™s really not that hard to do.

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth1253, I was going through my old detecting gear a few minutes ago and I found you some tips ! These were my first prototypes but they should fit as snug as my final Thingiverse versions are. I got your pm and I'll should be able to ship sometime this week. I have some ebay packages going out soon so I'll just ship these out along with those. One condition of the freebie.... I want to see some silver and gold finds with the tip and the Garret Carrot ! lol :headbang:
IMG_20180604_205309.jpg

-The larger ones may be better suited for your fix. :P

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth1253, I was going through my old detecting gear a few minutes ago and I found you some tips ! These were my first prototypes but they should fit as snug as my final Thingiverse versions are. I got your pm and I'll should be able to ship sometime this week. I have some ebay packages going out soon so I'll just ship these out along with those. One condition of the freebie.... I want to see some silver and gold finds with the tip and the Garret Carrot ! lol :headbang:
View attachment 1598652

-The larger ones may be better suited for your fix. :P

Glenn itโ€™s a deal! Lol But really thank you so much for you generosity. Means a lot to me.[emoji1317]

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glenn itโ€™s a deal! Lol But really thank you so much for you generosity. Means a lot to me.[emoji1317]
Its not a problem for me Truth. If it weren't for the generosity of others, l would not be we're I am today. Im eternally grateful for what I have and I'm more than glad to help others in this hobby when I can. Besides that. I know what you mean by dry clay. This Tennessee red clay is like digging in sandpaper...:laughing7:

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20180607_143340.jpg

..Finally got this in the mail today. :hello2: I had it ready to send 2 days ago but I accidentally left it in my other car which got put in the shop for a brake job.
Doh !
Pm'd you a Tracking number...

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1599388

..Finally got this in the mail today. :hello2: I had it ready to send 2 days ago but I accidentally left it in my other car which got put in the shop for a brake job.
Doh !
Pm'd you a Tracking number...

Thanks Glenn appreciate it!!!!

glenn37216

Apr 8, 2012
Hendersonville , TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh , Truth someone from Fisher should give you an F-PULSE to keep and do a review on after 6 months of hard use in the Louisiana clay. You would be a damn good candidate to test their claim ...
.... "Constructed from special abrasion-resistant materials that will not wear through." :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heh , Truth someone from Fisher should give you an F-PULSE to keep and do a review on after 6 months of hard use in the Louisiana clay. You would be a damn good candidate to test their claim ...
.... "Constructed from special abrasion-resistant materials that will not wear through." :icon_thumleft:

Glenn Iโ€™m serious Iโ€™m the man for the job. Before the 800 I would swing those big coils and my swinging arm was the problem. Now it the shovel arm. Louisiana you fight most deep digs. IMG_0012.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread