worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hot stuff I say:laughing7:.............I'm still using Jalapenos from 10 years ago I grew(vacuum sealed of course)...........Just sayin.

GOD Bless

Chris

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking crop! They look like the famous Hatch, New Mexico green Chile. They'll be roasting Hatch Green Chile on the side of the road all over the west here soon. Hatch chile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
There are so many good sounding recipes found on-line these days for Chile Peppers. 30+ plus years ago living in the upper Arkansas valley of Colorado, you just knew who made the best Hatch Green Chile by what folks would tell ya. I recall a fella in Salida, Colorado who made the best Green Chile and he'd cook up some an serve it at Doolie's Bar in down town Salida. Doolie's Bar is gone now and I believe there is some kind of new age looking cafe or something there now??. That fella would also cook up the best Corn-beef & Cabbage for St. Paddy's day back then also.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good looking crop! They look like the famous Hatch, New Mexico green Chile. They'll be roasting Hatch Green Chile on the side of the road all over the west here soon. Hatch chile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
There are so many good sounding recipes found on-line these days for Chile Peppers. 30+ plus years ago living in the upper Arkansas valley of Colorado, you just knew who made the best Hatch Green Chile by what folks would tell ya. I recall a fella in Salida, Colorado who made the best Green Chile and he'd cook up some an serve it at Doolie's Bar in down town Salida. Doolie's Bar is gone now and I believe there is some kind of new age looking cafe or something there now??. That fella would also cook up the best Corn-beef & Cabbage for St. Paddy's day back then also.

Hi tamrock thanks! First I have heard of Hatch chile. New to me it is about the roasted "Hatch Green Chile", how do they prepare them, they roast them in oven or over open flame grilling and they saute in butter or what ?

Hot stuff I say:laughing7:.............I'm still using Jalapenos from 10 years ago I grew(vacuum sealed of course)...........Just sayin.

GOD Bless

Chris

Hi Chris ! My Mom was getting some of that batch ready for freezer I tried to eat a raw slice of one. It had heat about like a Jalapeño my lips burned for near ten minutes lol ! So yes they seem to have more heat when mature. Ones that I ate earlier which were small and immature were sweet like and had little heat.

photo_picture.gif
Yummy! Thanks for sharing...

Hi vpn ! Your welcome =)

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:....now you're talking....my favorite! Only handle with "oiled" hands and broil in oven....nothing better, I could live on'em!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:....now you're talking....my favorite! Only handle with "oiled" hands and broil in oven....nothing better, I could live on'em!
Hmmm ..This from a resident of southern New Mexico. You may just know what your talking about on the best way to cook Green Chile. I'll bet you can't be to far away from Hatch? I remember I'd go through Hatch sometimes, as I went to Silver City allot, til they stopped mining this copper mine underground and went to open pit. I would stop and get some Apple & Pecan Pie's in Hillsboro, New Mexico. You got some good eats along the road this time of year in almost every state in this country. Just gotta look for it. I brought a Green River, Utah watermelon home last week and it was the sweetest & juiciest melon. Way better then you'd get at the store.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....not to near Hatch, but been there tamrock. My mom learned to roast the chili from her best friend at Sandia Pueblo. I can't believe that someone said they tried to eat one raw....:o...guess lesson learned.:thumbsup: Yes, lots of good food on the road I'm sure & you would know! :)

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions