cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went out today for a little while before the rain sets in AGAIN for the next two days. I went back to an old homesite location that has never let me down, I have always pulled a few buckles,buttons, and coins out in the past and today it did not dissapoint either, I ended up with 2 pack studs, 2 pieces of harmonica reeds, 3 wheat pennies, (1917,1921,192?) some round thingy with an eagle on it, any ideas :scratch: and then the best find of the day, a Pepsi Cola Brass Tag of some sort, any help iding the tag, would be much appreciated. It was a good day and nice to get out and relieve that itch to swing.

HH

The front "The American Beverage" " Pepsi Cola"

The back reads "Pepsi Cola" "No. A 194" "For Identification Communicate with Pepsi Cola Co. New Bern NC Giving Number"

And the other thing

Upvote 0

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dunno.....coke fan, nice stuff though

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Great finds!
apush

Bell-Two

Aug 28, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & Ace 250
Just a guess but the round thing with an eagle on it might be a door bell ringer.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bell-Two said:
Just a guess but the round thing with an eagle on it might be a door bell ringer.

That was my first thought too.

LOVE that Pepsi FOB! That's my favorite soda drink! Wonder if you could email the Pepsi folks and see if they have any info on the number that's on it?

Super finds, digger!!

Nana :)

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Come to find out I agree the Pepsi Cola Thing is an old Watch Fob, I live within 2 miles of the pepsi Plant I think I will take it down there and see if they have information on it, I dought it but its worth a try.

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When did they invent the doorbell? That means if this house had a door bell and it was that fancy then this must have been a fairly large house, right. We dont know when the house was built, where it stood, when it was tore down, etc... We think we know about where it used to be b/c of all the green,blue,black color glass and the pottery that is scatterd. Then of course there is the Iron Field.

All the coins that have come out of there have been around the turn of the century 1900-1920's so that is our guess about when the homsite was there. But now the doorbell thing has me thinking maybe it was a big house. :read2: :thumbsup:

Thanks Guys

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Pepsi Cola fob is very intriguing.

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps Pepsi had an advertising program that got one to put their watch fob on your watch. The number on the fob was recorded and if someone found your watch they could contact Pepsi and get the ID of the owner. Kind of like a dog tag for a watch.

Pepsi got their logo displayed and you got watch loss protection.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would agree that one item is a doorbell, I found a similar item last spring and people here ID'd it as a doorbell as well, here is mine

Attachments

• doorbell.JPG
    doorbell.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 1,197
  • doorbell.JPG
    doorbell.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 1,186
Mar 1, 2007
Griffith Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXlll
yeah there is your door bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! notice how much bigger than the pennies it is compared to his find!!!!! its a freakin hand crank telephone bell

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Pepsi watch fob is nice and you should know that Pepsi items are just as valuable, if not MORE so than Coke stuff. Pepsi did not put out as much collectible stuff as Coke did and that is why.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread