🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here’s the pair.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1580423948.264737.jpg

Not a matching pair, but I’ll take a lopsided set any day.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1580424006.050396.jpg

The older one has a cool cow slogan on the back.

These were surface finds at a new spot near work that I have been waiting for hunting season to end to take the scouting hike. Shows up as a access road and dot on the 1872 map and fades away into the woods in the 1950’s aerials. About a mile hike straight uphill. Like hiking to the top of a black diamond ski slope.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1580424176.701740.jpg

Crazy amount of old and new spent ammo at this site, but the inhabitants must have liked, milk, whisky (loads of broken bottles) and music.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1580424267.522608.jpg

Lots of squeeze box reeds and then I thought I found a kazoo.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1580424382.551892.jpg

Actually I think it is a handle from an old car...

The sleigh bell has a pat date.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1580424295.927001.jpg

No coins around the cellar hole, but found a couple on the access path nearby.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1580424455.675956.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1580424343.215228.jpg

Good luck out there!

Upvote 24

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The milk botlle with the cow is a good one. I sold one from Greensburg with a cow at a bottle show once and the milk bottle collectors were clamoring over it.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great saves, Pa... looks like that site could be very interesting... especially if/when you stumble across a “hot spot” or two. I’d be willing to bet there are some virgin, unhunted spots that could very well cough up some more goodies. Kudos on the research, and good luck out there! Ddf.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perfect pair of Taylor Milk jugs,.........

taylor.jpg

Taylor Swift

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent hunt

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the multitude of goodies! :occasion14:

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice post; great finds. I like how the sleigh bell is dated.Congrats!

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a nice variety of stuff. The old reeds don’t get me super excited, but I love to stop and look at them to think about the life people lived back then...the simple things mattered a lot.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a nice variety Pa-Nc. I like the coins, milk bottles and crotal bell.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Those milk jugs are really nice and worth a few bucks too.

Nice job on the research. You do good with that. I know it's a lot of time and leg work. I used to track down old sites like that for years.

We found one a few weeks back. Hidden really well with multiple foundations everywhere. Large cents have come up.

But the place is the worst I ever saw with jaggers and vines etc. Really hard to hunt it. Need to clear it out so it can be hunted.

I'm sure your gonna find some great sites again this season.

Jer

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The milk botlle with the cow is a good one. I sold one from Greensburg with a cow at a bottle show once and the milk bottle collectors were clamoring over it.

I’ve seen countless broken milk jugs in the old woods over the last 5 years, these are only my 3rd and 4th intact ones. Thx

Great saves, Pa... looks like that site could be very interesting... especially if/when you stumble across a “hot spot” or two. I’d be willing to bet there are some virgin, unhunted spots that could very well cough up some more goodies. Kudos on the research, and good luck out there! Ddf.

Thx! I went back today during my lunch break and searched more of the path and another section of woods. Found some more keepers so this site is definitely worth further exploration. Almost enough for another post!

That’s a nice variety of stuff. The old reeds don’t get me super excited, but I love to stop and look at them to think about the life people lived back then...the simple things mattered a lot.

Yeah, they ring up in the wheat to silver range and sound really good on my Nox vs the old ammo that is littering this area. Makes me wonder why people lost those reeds on a regular basis.

Those milk jugs are really nice and worth a few bucks too.

Nice job on the research. You do good with that. I know it's a lot of time and leg work. I used to track down old sites like that for years.

We found one a few weeks back. Hidden really well with multiple foundations everywhere. Large cents have come up.

But the place is the worst I ever saw with jaggers and vines etc. Really hard to hunt it. Need to clear it out so it can be hunted.

I'm sure your gonna find some great sites again this season.

Jer

Thx Jer! Good luck at your old site. The woods in W PA are just about as clear as they are going to get and no ticks out now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread