Perfect way to keep my son with adhd focused.

Jaysix

Dec 14, 2016
Portage, pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac (current)
Garrett At Pro (previous)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 5 year old son has adhd and sensory processing disorder. Needless to say he is a handful. Tonight I put some batteries in an old Bounty Hunter that I have had since I was 12 and threw a handful of change out in the yard. He had a blast and stayed focused for about an hour finding his "treasure." If he stays interested in it, I will get him a new detector for his birthday in September.

IMG_3219.JPG

Upvote 0
That is an awesome story!! I battle with a little bit of ADHD.... and I notice that I find myself better focused when I am metal detecting! It keeps my mind from wandering

I love hearing these type of stories, very inspiring and positive. You're a true champ!

What a great story, sure hope he sees the fun in hunting. Let us know how this works out.

I wish that worked on my kids. I bring my two with me to the park and both wander off within minutes. If there's a playground, they're off playing within 60 seconds. Maybe if they had their own detectors... unfortunately I see that gathering dust at this point.

I wish that worked on my kids. I bring my two with me to the park and both wander off within minutes. If there's a playground, they're off playing within 60 seconds. Maybe if they had their own detectors... unfortunately I see that gathering dust at this point.

I have a feeling if I take him to a park he will do the same and the detector would be laying somewhere.

My little girl likes to detect with me for a bit then play on the playground while I detect the boarders of the playground, then orders me back to grassy areas to detect with her, then back to the playset for a bit.
She loves going to the park with me. Especially likes putting on the headset and telling me when she hears treasure while I swing the detector lol. It is alot of fun. Slow going, but it's about bonding and the enjoyment and humor of detecting with her that I love!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's perfect.

I can only imagine how long some of your days must feel.

My niece turned 14, and out of nowhere developed ADHD?

Fortunately she is old enough to help talk her through some of her issues, because she has a past to remember how it used to be.

The detector is a brilliant idea.

That's perfect.

I can only imagine how long some of your days must feel.

My niece turned 14, and out of nowhere developed ADHD?

Fortunately she is old enough to help talk her through some of her issues, because she has a past to remember how it used to be.

The detector is a brilliant idea.

Very very long haha. He is a million miles an hour 24/7.

In preparation for a large Family reunion (80+) some 10 yrs ago I planted about 50 coins, matchbox cars, other stuff. around our summer cabin/pool.
My grand kids. friends etc.. have been digging them up ever since// I refresh it with new now and then. This has been very popular and kids look forward to it each year.
One little boy whos Dad was in the army wrote to him and said "dad we have to get a metal detector-- there are Quarters everywhere" ///Great fun///

That is awesome. I used to be a pretty big time gambler many years ago and I've noticed that metal detecting gives me the same high as I used to get without going broke, but the addiction is the same and I love it. I'm diagnosed ADHD 25 years ago with anxiety. At that time I'm never even heard the word Anxiety before much less ADHD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back