Permission to hunt a plantation?

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Marine! Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. One plantation that I hunted/ can hunt on is owned by a lady who owns a bed and breakfast. I simply asked her if I could metal detect and she said to knock myself out. I know of some other places that I have been told about thru other old cab drivers that I know, I own a Taxi Cab Service. They are good leads and usually on property that is now sugar cane fields. I intend on contacting some of the owners of the sugar cane fields and according to my sources they will probably also say "knock yourself out". Do a little research, find out where there was a plantation......Plaqumine, Port Allen, New Roads are all good places to start in my area (Baton Rouge). Research any maps, old and new.........find out where thay were. I have found in my limited experience hunting that most people will give permission, especially if its not in their yard ect. Good luck.......hope this helps. Shanegalang

OP
OP
jharhed

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks alot Shane, guess I'll get to work!

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Shane, if you need some help hunting those cane fields or plantations give me a holler. The BREC parks aren't doing it for me. You say you have a Taxi service? My ancestors operated a Taxi Cab service in the late 1930 early 1940's in what was known as "Dixie" in North Baton Rouge. Their company was Howell's Taxi 10cents Phone 9153.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread