Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the Compadre out to re-grid a permission I hunted last Sunday. It's a rental and the new tenant was preparing to gut the grass. So, I sneaked over into the neighboring yard that is a vacant double. As I was scanning the area, the owner and another neighbor came over and chatted with me as I pulled 3 consecutive Wheats.........1917, 1941 and 1944. They were impressed (I guess) and gave me permissions for their properties. That gives me 4 consecutive yards on one street...........I only covered a small section of the yard.........about a 5x30.

807 Hunt.jpg

The other coins are all older clad, just not quite old enough. The relics have some age, too. I'd be curious to know about the lead ball in the foreground right, and what to do about the 2 toasted coins in front center...........lots of crusty on those.............

Thanks for lookin' in and good luck on all your searches!!

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know what to do with the toasted coins. They will only throw them out if you send them with the change to be ran through a machine at the bank. I've been throwing them in a jar, maybe a future display over a table top, encasing them in with polyurethane to make the table top usable over the wrecked coin display. You had a good day, I seldom find wheats.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go Chuck Go! :headbang:

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what to do with the toasted coins. They will only throw them out if you send them with the change to be ran through a machine at the bank. I've been throwing them in a jar, maybe a future display over a table top, encasing them in with polyurethane to make the table top usable over the wrecked coin display. You had a good day, I seldom find wheats.

An interesting suggestion, but I'm too curious to let the crustys be as they are..........
I'm just now starting to find more wheats.......right place, right time, I guess. Thanks for the compliment!

I need some permissions. Lol

I just started asking people I know and that has snowballed into multiple permissions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go Chuck Go! :headbang:

Thanks, Terry........hopin' that the wheats lead to the silver. Any ideas on the lead ball? I thought the clothesline clothespin bag holder was pretty cool...........

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG on the permissions Chizzy. :notworthy: I see some keepers in your future.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An interesting suggestion, but I'm too curious to let the crustys be as they are..........
I'm just now starting to find more wheats.......right place, right time, I guess. Thanks for the compliment!

I just started asking people I know and that has snowballed into multiple permissions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I got one of my father's neighbor that said I can hunt his field after harvest lol.
Not sure who to ask. I don't want to just walk to random houses and ask, I feel weird.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions