Perrys fence post cache (TN. or PA.)

K

Kentucky Kache

Perry's fence post cache (TN. or PA.)

Perry Winphres5 Myracle (Jacob4, Frederich3 Merkel, Laurens2 Merckel, Johann Friedrich1) was born in Perry Co., TN 9 Feb 1827. Perry died about 1865 in Decatur Co., TN.

He married Barbara Allen in Decatur Co., TN, about 1850.(29) Barbara was born in Tennessee 4 Feb 1833. Barbara died 8 Feb 1908 in Decatur Co., TN, at 75 years of age. Her body was interred in Campground Cem., Decatur Co., TN.

Occupation: Farmer. Family legend reports Perry was a Union spy during the Civil War, reporting on Confederate troop movements on the Tennessee River. After the War Perry went PA to collect an inheritance. [Could this be from his mother's Long family? Census reports in 1850 she was born in PA.] He hid the money under a fence post, according to legend, and was later lynched by a gang of outlaws that tried, but failed, to get him to reveal the money's location. His family searched for the money, but it was never recovered.

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Perry's fence post cache.(TN. or PA.)

I live in TN. Be glad to hunt with you for it anytime ;D

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

Re: Perry's fence post cache.(TN. or PA.)

davidtn said:
I live in TN.? Be glad to hunt with you for it anytime? ;D
I wish I had the time. But, If you can get to it, all I ask is let me know if you hit the jackpot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread