persistence pays off 7/17

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally a nice creek find. Been going to the creek about once every 10 days. I find lots of pottery fragments and rhyolite flakes, but finally this point appeared in my floating screen. Lots of (enjoyable) work but worth it. My success rate for finding points is not great, but I'm still convinced the creek is full of them.

IMG_1424.jpg IMG_1423.jpg

morrow mtn II point

Upvote 0

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice sharp tip on that one! Great find.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easily made....some PVC, glue and 4-90 degree fittings. Attach 1/4" (personal preference) screen and yer ready to go!!:thumbsup:
That's awesome! Your creek sounds similar to mine. Tell me more about your "floating screen"

OP
OP
P

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome! Your creek sounds similar to mine. Tell me more about your "floating screen"

I use 1/2" screen strapped to "pool floaties." It sits on top of the flowing water and the sand is screened away in seconds and you quickly see what is left. I know your creek is similar to mine as I see how much pottery you find. The points have to be there for you too. Since we can't seem to get any "creek changing gully washer" rains here in NC, to find something at this point takes a little work.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one..Its in great shape too.

ForumRunner_20150718_215349.png

MadisonMike

Jun 29, 2014
Central Pa.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Finally a nice creek find. Been going to the creek about once every 10 days. I find lots of pottery fragments and rhyolite flakes, but finally this point appeared in my floating screen. Lots of (enjoyable) work but worth it. My success rate for finding points is not great, but I'm still convinced the creek is full of them.

View attachment 1188784 View attachment 1188783

morrow mtn II point

Fine example of the type.

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a nice point. It's fun even when you don't find them but when one turns up in the sifter it's awesome. My floating sifter is a lawn mower inner tube zip tied to 1/4 screen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread