Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, Today, It FINALLY Happened! :hello2: I hit silver! In a place that I thought I had cleaned out pretty well, I found 3 more Wheat Pennies today, (10 Total in this area so far) and then a 1947 Rosie Dime! That really shows me that I need to cover my areas a bit slower and more carefully! Now I'll be re-tracing my steps from when I first started and double checking them, which is nice I guess because it gives me more areas to cover again! I was surprised because it was only about an inch down. I got the beautiful solid signal, and figured it had to just be clad because it wasn't deep at all. Then I saw the dime, and did my finger swipe to find the date which I figured to be about 10 years old or so, then low and behold, 1947! I'll take that any day over a kid's gumball machine ring!

Thank you all to those who kept me motivated and upbeat about hunting. Thanks to Fella, RKS1949, Christo000, Digger2, VPNavy, and everyone else who has helped me out with advice, or just encouragement. I will say I felt I was doomed to walk the earth detecting, finding only pop tabs and occasional clad, but now my faith has been restored once more! Sure Wheaties are fun and exciting, but the silver really got my heart pumping again! I had to ask my wife a few times to swear to me she didn't plant it, which I knew she didn't, but I was just in disbelief I guess. It's amazing how something so simple can really bring this hobby's excitement so high!

Thanks again to everyone, and Happy Hunting!

P.S. The Wheaties I pulled today were a 1944, 1946, and 1952

Silver.jpg

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About time! Jeez! ;)

Good job! There's more out there... Go get em!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job buddy i knew it was a matter of time u stuck with it & were What u said persistant & look What happened now its time for some gold :)

OP
OP
Sapper724

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A couple more pics

I had already cleaned the coin off, but I figure I'd show how shallow the hole was, I thought it was bizarre. It was on the side of a hill/bank, so I think the sandy soil washed away some and is making the coins come to the surface.

Attachments

• Coin Ground 2.jpg
    Coin Ground 2.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Coin Ground.jpg
    Coin Ground.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 94
  • Dime Close Ground.jpg
    Dime Close Ground.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 112

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your on your way now,Sapper724!:thumbsup: My only 2 silvers a (Merc,and Rosie) came form areas that I wouldn't have thought they would be at. Just shows ya to never second guess yourself,hunt it all!

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lucky you. I been detecting since July of last year and found about $400 in clad and 3 wheaties. I have about 1000 hrs plus detecting and didn't hunt at all from Dec - May due my wife being laid up. I hunt a lot of old parks but I know they been hunted pretty heavy even though I seem to pull out $2 to $6 in clad every time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread