Persistence --> Silver!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey guys,

Thanks for entertaining all my recent posts. I did some cleaning and took a nap after my 3 hour hunt this morning. I didn't want to end the day getting skunked for silver, so I decided to try my backyard again which I popped a wheat out of last night.

I did a quick 45-minute hunt and found a variety of goods. A couple more wheaties were there which made me think there must be silver. I was on my last dig of the day, figuring it was clad because it was only 3.5" down (when most of the wheats were 6"-7") and I found this 1947-D Roosevelt dime!

Here are my totals from my evening hunt:
-2 Wheats (1911, 1937-s)
-1 Silver Dime (1947-D)
-5 Memorial Cents
-3 Nickels
-2 Dimes
-2 Quarters
-1 British Pound
-1 Key
-2 Buttons
-1 Plastic Figure

I found the plastic figure in the same hole as the Naval button. They were probably a good 5"-6" down which makes me think they can't be from later than the mid-1900s. I thought it was a turnip or carrot at first :laughing7:. It's not metal. Anyone able to ID how old the plastic figure might be?

Thanks for looking! I'm going to try and get another short hunt in tomorrow if my hand blisters will permit it.

-Washingtonian

FullSizeRender (5).jpg
FullSizeRender (6).jpg
FullSizeRender (7).jpg

Upvote 11

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes for a good after the nap hunt. And yes persistence always pays in the end. and you have only just begun......:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread