PERSISTENT IN NORTHERN OKLAHOMA

catch

Nov 1, 2012
PONCA CITY, OKLAHOMA
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to come the conslusion that i am gonna keep writing and trying to find a club in my area or at least other people who are interested in hunting with others. I have emailed, written, carrier pigeoned and any other means to find a club in my area but to no avail:BangHead:. So, like as in MDing, persistence will pay off I believe. If anybody is in the northern oklahoma area and is looking for a hunting partener or knows of a active club (the one in Ponca city seems to have dissolved) i would like to know. I know alot of people in the area and can readily get permission to hunt numerous sites. :hello2::hello:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

I have to come the conslusion that i am gonna keep writing and trying to find a club in my area or at least other people who are interested in hunting with others. I have emailed, written, carrier pigeoned and any other means to find a club in my area but to no avail:BangHead:. So, like as in MDing, persistence will pay off I believe. If anybody is in the northern oklahoma area and is looking for a hunting partener or knows of a active club (the one in Ponca city seems to have dissolved) i would like to know. I know alot of people in the area and can readily get permission to hunt numerous sites. :hello2::hello:

The day and age of brick-&-mortor clubs has sort of gone by the way-side. Used to be more clubs back in the 1970s, '80s, and early '90s. But now in the internet age, a lot of the brick & mortor clubs started to wane. They only exist in very large cities, if at all nowadays. The reason is: people now get their socializing, bragging, research, rumor-mill info, etc.... all from their desk-top. So attendance at clubs started going down years ago. Also there was a sort of "silver rush" in the late '70s and early '80s that led to a lot of detector sales in that area, hence clubs (d/t parks had much easier "pickens" in those days too :))

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's also a matter of $$$. Yes, there are quite a few of us who detect throughout northern OK and southern KS, but the costs of gas to drive to a meeting place really hampers that.

I applaud your efforts, and I hope you get a group together for regular meetings and hunts!

OP
OP
C

catch

Nov 1, 2012
PONCA CITY, OKLAHOMA
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea i know things have changed, and i have talked with you about the club situation before jason and appreciate your help. I will find what i am looking for it just might take some time though... but i guess thats just part of the game huh!?!?!?

OP
OP
C

catch

Nov 1, 2012
PONCA CITY, OKLAHOMA
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i guess i should start a rumor that i know where a cache of gold bars is located in my area and i would be willing to split it with parteners but i cant remember exactly where it is located so we may have to hunt alot of sites:laughing7: until i can remember where it was located....

billythekidder

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i guess i should start a rumor that i know where a cache of gold bars is located in my area and i would be willing to split it with parteners but i cant remember exactly where it is located so we may have to hunt alot of sites:laughing7: until i can remember where it was located....

the James gang robbed a train in Kansas got gold bars 7 of the new members were from Ponca city they each hid one bar near their homes.. not true but may work lol

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea i know things have changed, and i have talked with you about the club situation before jason and appreciate your help. I will find what i am looking for it just might take some time though... but i guess thats just part of the game huh!?!?!?
.... the way things are now a days it might take more time to get a club started than you have to time to do it................ You know that now a days all of us are not joiners........... All the clubs up in this area went out in the 90's .......... No one wanted to be in a club or join one any more......... The way things are now if one started in my town now..... I would not go to it...... And i don't know any one that would..... Sort of a thing of the past.....And as far as i care good riddance to them....... There was so much politics and so many clicks in them they were disgusting............. And if you do start one you will have the same problems in it after a time that we have seen in all of them........

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
We have a gold mining club that's rather active, and a sub part of the club is metal detecting. The good part about the club is they have several mining claims for club members and will acquire more as time goes on. Oregon laws on mining are hen house at the best, and the great thing about owning claims is you can do what you want without some bureaucrat that ate the covers off his college books, standing behind you with a ticket book. Sadly, my mind says I can go at it a--h---s and elbows, but my body disagrees, so I don't get to use the club like I would have a few years ago. One of the claims used to be a public Forest Service camp on the Rogue River, so there is expert help from club members and neat places to camp and swing the coil or run a dredge, which makes the pittance for dues worthwhile. The problem is the price of gas, but that's handled by skimping someplace else -- you know -- like noodles are cheap. But on the other hand, it doesn't take much gold now days to cover the cost of everything, and as I'm sitting here whacking the keys on this machine, more gold is being replenished on those claims, it's raining in southwest Oregon, and the streams are up and moving gold.

gradyinok

Oct 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont live in Northern OK but sure would be willing to meet up and hunt with you, either your area or somewhere in between. Let me know.

Grady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread