Personal 1 Day Record 418 coins - $24.35 - Gold & Silver Too!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Personal 1 Day Record 418 coins - $24.35 - Gold & Silver Too!

Hello to all, hope you could get out hunting this weekend!

I was real sick all this week with a terrible stomach virus, but started feeling better Friday and was sure ready to get out and doo something after spending 3 days in bed or at the doctors basically. I was very close to several good benchmarks for yearly totals, just short of 7000 coins, $21 short of $500 face value for the year, and just under 1000 quarters for the year so I decided to hit it hard and search like a madman today (Saturday) trying to reach my numbers. I researched using a schools website I use plus looked at aerial views on mapquest and planned my route with 4 parks and 4 schools in a district I have never searched. I had them all mapped out. These were all within about three miles of each other to minimize travel time and maximize hunt time. Off to pillage parks and play areas I went this morning ready for some hard hunting.

It was a cool but nice morning. Whenever I arrive at a site in the early morning, especially after a Friday or Saturday night, I always try to walk around and check for eye finds. I look around picnic tables and generally scan to ground around the parking lots and other gathering areas. Today it paid off nicely. I found a nice, brand new, tags and holograms still on it, "D" hat. I thought it was a Detroit Tigers hat, but my kids straightened me out...lol (Dad's old) It's a "D" had dad. It's a hip hop thing I guess :D. Anyway, it's about a $35 hat. I gave it to my son and got a huge bear hug in return for it. I found it at the first park I visited, underneath the bench on third base line. Cool!

D Hat O.jpg
D HAt I.jpg
I did really well at the parks which I hit first prior to the schools as I thought they would start getting people at them sooner then the schools so I wanted to be out of there before they got filled with kiddies playing. I covered the woodchip play areas and volleyball courts including the grassy areas surrounding them. In one of the volleyball courts, I hit an area that was used for a money scramble I guess. Pulled about 75 pennies, nickels, and dimes from there in a short period. One park had a basketball court with a small set of bleachers by it. I scored big time there finding around 100 coins in about 45 minutes just around the bleachers and the court surrounding grassy area. I found three keepers there too. First, a 925 earring with a large CZ stone. Then another 925 earring, small loop, and finally a nice "sterling" ring. Looks old. It's a band style with embossed hearts all the way around it. I think I found two very similar to this last year. The parks were good to me today. I searched 3 all together and the majority of my finds were from them.

I also searched 3 schools today, pillaging the woodchip play areas. The chips were old so the finds weren't super plentyful, but I covered them all anyway and ended up ok. I got a couple nice keepers at the schools. My first was a very thin 10kt chain. It was tangled in a knot but I got all but one small knot out so far. It was right at the base of one on the slides stairs. I also found two nice religious items. The first was a large cross stamped "Sterling". It's bent but that's ok. Also found a pendant that says "Alter Society". It's aluminum I think and fairly large.

Lot's of nice keepers today!!
Sept15th keepers.jpg

I sure found a large variety of stuff today. I had a blast in my 7 hours of hunting time out there. As the title of my thread says, I set a new personal record for total coins in one hunt today. 418 coins!! Breaks my old record of 390 from the second day of my contest hunt in June. I got 44 quarters, 72 dimes, 54 nickels, 254 pennies (2 wheaties in there) , 1 Sac dollar, and two foriegn coins. (a 100 yen & a 1 cent Euro coin). I knew I had found a lot but was really surprized when I cleaned and totaled them up. Face value was $24.35 which is my second best ever for one day. Here's the clad piles.
15SEP07 T.jpg
Clad Pile2.jpg

So I blew by 7000 to 7258 coins for the season and sit at $503.49 total face value. I reached my goals for the day. I also went over 1000 quarters for the year.

Lot's of interesting trinkets and other finds. A couple rings, 10 or so pendant/fobs, some earrings, a bullet,an old whistle, a set of fingernail scissors, and a scary very sharp steak knife found right in the center of one of the school play areas about 1/2" down.
Sept115-07 T.jpg
Sept15-07 F.jpg

Finally, this is for you MasterEagle. I found a lot of metal buttons, and other misc junque that I usually don't share in my photos, including 15 zipper pulls today.
Junque n pulls.jpg

Thanks for reading about my awesome day out there today.
I really had a blast!!

HH to you all!

Smiles!
BDoo

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: Personal 1 Day Record 418 coins - $24.35 - Gold & Silver Too!

civilman1 said:
I can see it now...."Bdoo's Used Jewelry" opening soon.....Great dig's and awesome clad.HH

That's a cool thought, but I like hoarding and looking at it too ;D
Keeps my wanting more and working it hard.
Best of luck to you out there CM. Enjoyed seeing your recent finds too!! Keep em coming!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Ridley said:
That's how you do it!
Metal detecting is the best medicine for what ails you!

Congratulations on a new record!

Ridley

You know it Ridley!! Thanks bud!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Mike95inNJ said:
Wow Boobydoo that's some major retrievals. I thought my 322 coin day would be hard to beat. You blew me out of the water. Like I said before, you and that old garrett are definitely one. Way to go my friend.
Good luck, Mike in NJ

Mucho thanks buddy, hey 322 is an awesome day, one for the record books too. I have been very fortunate this year so I just keep dooing what I doo and hope it keeps coming like this. I'll enjoy it either way out there.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

bootstrap vinn said:
Congrats B'Doo, it's always nice to set a personal best!! Bootstrap

Thanks Vinn, great to see you here in my thread, appreciate it my friend!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Clad 2 meet u said:
Great job as usual b-doo! After talking to you on the phone I hit an area that has not been detected at all! I only was able to cover 1/2 a playground but managed $6.33 for about 2hrs worth of swinging. I plan on maping out the area and hitting it hard real soon. Let me know when you want to get out again... I need some "schoolin"!

Regards,

Greg (C2MU)

Sounds like a great spot Greg, hope there's even better goodies there waiting for you. Yes, I will call ya and we can get out again. Looking forward to it. Thanks for stopping in with the progress report and comment.

Smiles!
BDoo

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

Wow look at all those zipper pulls. That is more than I have found since April!!!!!!!!

I have one that looks just like the one on the second row third one in from the right.

Cool!!!!

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

skierbob said:
Man, that's a lot of diggin'. Congrats on all the neat finds.
Bob

Like usual :), but I enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks for the read and comment Bob!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

ModernMiner said:
BDoo,
WOW!!! Congrats on surpassing your goals in a BIG way! What a fantastic hunt. Your pouch must of weighed 10lbs. ;D Great job on the jewelry.
I think the police are still looking for OJ's knife, so you may want to turn that in. :o
If you decide to wear the hat, can we call you "Big D"? "BooD"? "BobbyD"?
"D-Man"? ;D
Way to go. Great job.
-MM-

lol, big smiles!!
Thanks MM!! The coins about fill up a ziplock sandwich baggie. Nice load of em.

Smiles!
BDoo

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

I smell 500 very soon. Records are always made to be broken.

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

roswellborn said:
Holy catfish... I can't imagine finding even half that on a good day, nevermind feelin' under the weather.

That is just astounding. Makes a heckuva case for learning how to "pop 'em out" as opposed to "only" digging.

very cool!

HH
Nan

Thanks Nan!! I was feeling perfect by then and even better after I got my detectin fix ;D. The woodchips are easy pickins and about 75% of this days finds came from them or sand around the volleyball courts.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Prober said:
BDoo you have really set the pole high for the rest of us clad hunters! That is one HUGE batch of clad and trinkets! Your pinpointing must be right on, seems like I'm always spending a lot of time searching like a crazy man for those deeper items! You are THE MAN! Congrats on achieving all your goals! ;D

Many thanks Bob. I am mainly hopeing for the jewelry finds but the clad is a nice bonus, I'll take it all!!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

diggummup said:
Incedible! I don't think my knees could handle digging that many targets in one day, much less my back. One word - STAMINA - and you got it. I'd wish you luck but I don't think you need any. ;D H.H.

Sometimes it gets to me, especially early in the season, but luckily, this day I was fine. I used to be a marathon runner back in the day... ran about 25,000 miles in my running career. So yes, I guess I have the stamina. :)

Appreciate the read and friendly comment, thank you!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

treasureguy said:
418 coins, oh my that is a great outing no doubt , never heard of anyone breaking 300 on tnet, let alone 400, some really nice jewlery, like that ring, wtg, later tg

Thanks buddy. It's my third time over 300 this summer. It's been a good year for sure. I was extra motivated and worked it hard on all three of these high number days so that's not the normal. Best of luck to you!

Smiles!
BDoo

Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You must be a machine to dig all that in a day! Congrats!
Nice LOOT!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great! I just wish I had started this hobby 20 years ago when I had the stamina to stay out all day and accumulate this much "stuff". Now about two hours and it's a day for me! Monty

cottonjim

Jan 12, 2007
S.W. MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

HOLY FREEHOLY Bdoo, thats a pile of goodies. Looks like you had an awesome day of hunting. That is a big old knife that you found, IN A SCHOOL YARD, thats kinda scary. Congrats on the personal best. HH
Jim

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WTG Booby........fantastic, nice going..........Rich

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

$500 for the year is pretty crazy. But not for you. ;D

But I think you had an off day - no gold! ::)

Still a great haul with some nice silver. :)

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread