PGM pricing, artificial inflation?

CCON

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2020
Abbotsford B.C
Primary Interest:
Other
Good afternoon treasure hunters. anyone who watches the PGM market knows its a fickle thing, we had some (relatively) recent all time lows on platinum, palladium, and rhodium, which has begun to recover to near pre-pandemic levels. its my opinion that people are seeing PGM start to rise, they are taking notice and buying what they can, in turn driving the market up (maybe a lose of faith in USD or the gold-backed-system is to blame?).
whenever the "powers-that-be" have the supply they need, i think we are going to see a slow,gradual,large drop in the markets. Here's the bid and the ask found on kitco.com/market ,anyone can go look at the trends from their historical charts if your interested.

PLATINUM 08/21/2020 13:31 BID- 909.00 Ask-919.00

PALLADIUM 08/21/2020 13:26 BID- 2068.00 ASK-2218.00

RHODIUM 08/21/2020 08:24 BID-10200.00 ASK-12200.00

i work for Ccon Metals in Abbotsford-B.C-Canada, we purchase catalyst from catalytic converters and whole converters from vehicles which will get "de-canned", its important for us especially because the markets dictate our buying power. i

if anyone is interested in finding out more or learning about us and what we can do, feel free to respond to this thread.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Platinum is the only PGM that most PM stackers might consider, based on what I've seen. Albeit very scarce, being predominantly nonmonetary industrial metals will be a drag in a contracting global economy, however the younger tech sector "Tesla fanboy" type crowd seems pretty open to Palladium as an investment.

I don't really look at PGMs as Silver is my true love, so am very curious about the "powers that be" you see at work here. My understanding is that Ford basically screwed itself when stockpiling Palladium and the price got out of hand, have industrial users gotten smarter? Anyway, if there is a major drop coinciding with major Au/Ag rise then it would be fun to swap some, but I just don't see the breadth and depth of value and utility of Silver being matched by catalysts for engine exhaust and specialty coatings.

What happens in the industry if a global green-energy push occurs and EVs or mass transit replace a lot of the gasoline burners? Will there be equally valuable applications for PGMs in such a future? Some more than others?

OP
OP
C

CCON

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2020
Abbotsford B.C
Primary Interest:
Other
China and India have been buying very aggressively this year, im not certain as to what end, this may be a bit conspiratorial but i suspect they may have been stockpiling PGM's, i by no means have some deep undercover knowledge just from new stories on the matter and johnson matthey posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions