Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like someone at A&E pulled their head out and decided they were fighting a losing battle here....

Robert Rich

December 22, 2013 8:04am PST

It has now been revealed that Phil Robertson will be returning to Duck Dynasty on January 15. A&E said they have no plans to fire the star.

It appears as though the war on Phil Robertson and his freedoms of free speech and religions aren’t quite so savage.* Although*A&E*declared they were suspending the star “indefinitely, ” it was apparently only a façade for the gay community as sources say they still intend to air episodes featuring Robertson .

The*Duck Dynasty*star came under fire after expressing his beliefs about homosexuality and how it conflicts his religion. In an interview with*GQmagazine, he started off by saying, “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers – they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

He went even further into explanation when he said, “It seems like, to me, a vagina – as a man – would be more desirable than a man’s anus.” Afterwards, he even went so far as to compare homosexuality to bestiality and terrorism, a point which made a select portion of the public outraged.

The point Robertson was trying to make here is that you can’t draw a line where “acceptable” sin is.* Sin is sin, and the only line you can draw is where it is, not which sin is OK to commit.

Being outraged by the comments members of the gay community went on a double standard rampage—because of course, straight people who don’t agree with homosexuality are labeled “homophobes” while they’re allowed to feel “offended.”

Wilson Cruz, a spokesman for GLAAD,—a gay rights group—made a cry to the public saying, “Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil’s lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe.” He went on to say, “He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans – and Americans – who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples.”

The funny thing about his statement is that Louisiana is one of the majority 33 states that have an all out ban on same sex marriage.* If there was a majority in support of the lifestyle then wouldn’t that show as either a majority in the states that allow it, or at least in the “majority” led Louisiana?

Either way,*A&E*quickly moved to make a public statement where they said, “The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely,” and that, “His personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community.”

Well it turns out that this may just be a ploy to let heat cool down as they play out the rest of Robertson’s episodes.* Apparently they are going to play the next season with episodes featuring Robertson as they have already filmed and edited them.

But what about his suspension—is*A&E*going to stand by their statement?

A source close to the situation stated that, “There’s no negotiation to have; we’re doing the show. We’ll figure out a solution. It’s just not going to happen overnight. Everybody will take a break for the holidays and regroup afterward. That’s probably the smartest thing for everyone to do. Time heals a lot of wounds.”

Apparently they’re not done milking this money cow yet as once again, money has proven dominance over morals.

There really shouldn’t have been any issue in the first place as it was Robertson’s right to express how he felt under his freedoms of speech and religion.* But, hopefully*A&E*will be exposed for the greedy hypocrites they really are.

Phil Robertson Returning To Duck Dynasty // Mr. Conservative

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
money trumps huh?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Excellent ! What the libs fail to realize is that millions of people across the country aren't just upset about some old Louisiana hick possibly losing his job. That was just the straw that broke the camels back. This has been brewing for awhile. Every time someone's child is suspended from school for simply drawing a picture of a gun or a 6 year old is sent home for "sexual harassment" for pulling Sally's pigtails, or a Nativity scene is banned while other religions are allowed to celebrate their holidays freely it was one more thorn in our sides. Phil Robertson because of the popularity of the show, was just the breaking point that caused the good decent folks to stand up and say NO MORE. The gay community can have their rights, the Muslims can celebrate whatever God they believe in, etc. but don't deny us our rights to our beliefs in the process. Good. It's about damn time. Libs.. the people have put you on notice that your "PC" crap is out of hand. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that show HAS to have Phil, he's the most honest one ( maybe honest isn't the right word)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Money trumps. Phil and Ms. Kay are the only reasons to watch the show.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thank you Bandit

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
that show HAS to have Phil, he's the most honest one ( maybe honest isn't the right word)
Agreed. Like the song says.. "don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to". Phil is nobody special really other than having a tv show. He was just brought up with the same values as alot of us. Speak your mind no matter the consequences, stand up for what you believe in, and no matter what always speak the truth. It's a dying concept.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
This is very nice :)

I'm so GLAD I'm not GLAAD :)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
< not gay but very happy

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
1. Nothing has changed. A&E is airing episodes already in the can. These include scenes of Phil.

2. As for the future - still undecided, but looks like everybody wants to work it out. That's a good thing.

3. Moving Duck Dynasty to another network? Good luck with that! A&E owns the show, all rights to the show, as well as all merchandise rights. The Robertson's could move without the show, but it would cost them to get out of their employment contracts.

4. Phil Robertson's rights under freedom of speech were not violated - as is being incorrectly reported by the right wing media. Including the article at the head of this thread. Phil's right to free speech was not violated, unless anyone here has a right to free speech at work. Anyone? Phil is an employee of A&E. A&E, as owner of the Duck Dynasty Show, is Phil's employer. A&E is well within it's rights to take action against any employee it believes is damaging it's property (the show). Just as your employer can take action against you if they don't like something you said. ( freedom of speech in the workplace was settled a long time ago. Bottom line, if you like your job - zip it!)

5. Religion has been a point of contention on the show. The Robertsons want more, A&E wants less. Knowing his employer's sensitivity to religion and religious topics Phil had to know expressing religious beliefs in a national publication would cause problems with his employer. Phil was being interviewed as A&E star of Duck Dynasty.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evidently you choose to overlook the fact he was NOT at work...

Yes A&E knew a head of publishing about the interview. A&E is the one with the sore fingers from being slapped by the public not the family...

" ZIP IT" Typical liberal thinking, surrender your rights......

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Native Floridian:

Anybody who thinks they have freedom of speech at work - even off the clock - should get a job at Wal*Mart and then try union organizing.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Treasure Hunter:

The standard entertainment contract has a morals clause. It doesn't make the slightest difference if Robertson was at work, at home, or on the moon.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Native Floridian:

Anybody who thinks they have freedom of speech at work - even off the clock - should get a job at Wal*Mart and then try union organizing.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Means.... " I have nothing to say so I will promote the unions (Workers of the world Unite)."

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find it very hard to believe that A&E wouldn't have the chance to review the article before it was published. I truly believe that it was a ploy by A&E in order to drum up even more exposure for their cash cow. Look at the folks who have responded to the Threads here regarding this subject that had never even seen the show yet are talking all about it? People can believe what they want regarding this subject. I believe that A&E has and will win in the end and can smell a record season as regards to the number of viewers. Manipulative little buggers eh? :laughing7:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Dave44:

If you want to hate on unions, go right ahead.

My post was example of the obvious fact employees don't have freedom of speech. You can't dispute the fact, so you attempt to distract and deflect.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Backbacon:

I seriously doubt GQ would have agreed to interview Robertson if A&E required editorial approval. No legitimate publication would agree to that. Journalism 101.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave44:

If you want to hate on unions, go right ahead.

My post was example of the obvious fact employees don't have freedom of speech. You can't dispute the fact, so you attempt to distract and deflect.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Deflection is your strong suit. We aren't that communist yet! if you don't like your job you can still get another. Our country isn't sending you to the Siberian front for the good of the many,,,,, yet. And still you are allowed to speak your mind, Here.

As a disclaimer, I am talking about the United States of America. Maybe we are talking about different countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread