Phoenix hunt with some cool artifacts, wheats, and a couple of tokens

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get over to Phoenix for a hunt on Wednesday while the temps cooled back down for a time. It was a high in the mid to upper 90's last week so a day with 78 for a high was welcome. I found about 75 clad coins, 5 Wheats, a Peter Piper token which I will give to a kid when we go there again, A large aluminum token that was toast until I cleaned it. It sounded off like a silver dollar in the ground so I had high hopes but it was only a Honeywell computer token for 1973. I found 2 cool keys. One for a Waterbury clock and the other for maybe a jewelry case. I think the best find was a token for what I believe commemorates Peruvian independence. It was made in 1920 for the 100 year anniversary and is marked 1820 to 1920 and appears to be made of silver. If anyone has any more info on the Peruvian token, it would be greatly appreciated. Not a great hunt but IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0010.JPG IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0011.JPG a fun day. I also posted a couple of pictures before cleaning for the tokens. Happy hunting and good luck out there.

Update and a big thank you for Mackaydon for helping to identify this Peruvian medal/token. It translates as a '' Silver medal of the first century of independence '' Lambayeque, Peru

Last edited:
Upvote 7
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very fine hunt, congrats! :occasion14:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice finds. The Silver token is extra sweet. Congrats on it all.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the clock key! You can never have too many in your collection! Check your Chuck E Cheese token on the collectors site. Amazing how mant there are & some are actually worth some $$$

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the clock key! You can never have too many in your collection! Check your Chuck E Cheese token on the collectors site. Amazing how mant there are & some are actually worth some $$$

The token is actually a Peter Pipers Pizza token. I will probably give it to a kid the next time we go there for pizza buffet. The clock key was an unexpected find.

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice finds. The Silver token is extra sweet. Congrats on it all.

Thanks. I tried to find out more about the token online but didn't have much luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread