Photo/1810 Large Cent found Wed...

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Thanks to Earthworks, our official photographer, here's the photo of the 1810 I was talking about in post link below. Oldest Largey from that site -- #16 Largey from that site if my count remains correct. A little interesting story about the "handoff" between us of this coin. After finding the coin Wed end of day and almost losing it in the garbage, I was driving to work Thursday morning in an area closer to Earthworks home, I figured I'd find a place to hide it so he could pick it up to photo it. I left it under a garbage can (yes, another garbage can) in an out of the way park, of course looking around to make sure nobody was watching... and texted him to go pick it up. He couldn't get it yesterday, so today he calls and says "it's not by the garbage can", I said, "what the @(#@)@)@)#@" -- he says, yeah, it's not hear by your house. I said, "my house" it wasn't at my house, remember the text message, it was under the garbage can at the park. Oh, ok, well my house is about 15 minutes away, so a little while longer he texts me that he has it (I think the word Moron was in the text also :-)...Here's photo and link to original post...(Oh, and a plug for my contest...if you are in the NY area, look under Games and Contests heading for my post about the four old coins I hid today for someone to find.)

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,136509.0.html

Attachments

• 1810large.jpg
    1810large.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 541
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 532
Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super nice Bergie!!! Its been a long time sence I have found a coin that old. Man that thing is nice. :)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
that damn penny has been lost and found more times in the last two days than in the last 190 years! ;D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bergie,
Very cool find.
-MM-

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
Man that's a nnice large! I can't wait to find mine. I just hope I don't have to findit 3 or four times...

~Tom

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bergie,
Just had to comment on how nice that LC is for being as old as it is.
The large cents that have been posted lately on TNET has been purty worn.
Very Nice.
Rob

K

KirkTN

Man, you can tell she was young when she went missin'

Awesome find.

KirkTN

ROMEX

Apr 8, 2007
Binghamton NY AREA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE,FISHER F-75, Whites DFX, BH TR550-D
Very nice coin,
You should put it in a acrylic cube 1 foot by 1 foot so you wont loose it, I love those large cents.

ROMEX

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Great dig, UFO believer! :D

Our "Coronet Field" produced 14 Coronets, 1 Draped Bust, 2 Colonials, and 1 Capped Bust. It kind of reminds me of your site. :)

Kirk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread