PHOTO CHALLENGE

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
I think abought it offten, but my problem is i'm always having to back track to get my larger bag i have for larger relics and trash that i'm scared i'll lose it.I quit wearing my sun glasses becouse i would set thim down and walk off.Sounds good if your not as scattered between the eyes as i am.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea but I can't dig, it's frozen hard! Should warm up as the week progresses then the hunt will begin, Spring is almost here in Germany. HH, Mike

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when I dig, I dig everything, & by the time I'd realize what I found was worth taking a Pic of, it would already be in my hand. and putting it back in the dirt, just so I can take a Pic of it, Just Ain't gonna Happen. Sorry? :)

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good and all, but in reality my camera like many others I'm sure is to expensive to take out in the field and get lost or broken. Its easier to take the pics when I get home. Besides I carry a lot of stuff with me while I am hunting, don't need anything more to carry. Happy Hunting. Joe

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Yeah great idea except I got a plug cutter and digger in one hand, a trash bag and goodie bag in the other hand, and operate my metal detector with my other hands!Thus, leaving a serious deficiency in the hand department for operating the camera while digging! ;D (I'm just not that "handy"!) 8)

OP
OP
C

Copper

Oh well, some of you give it a try. I can't hunt yet because the ground is covered with snow and frozen. As soon as I can the camera goes with me.

I'll have my wife sew a special camera pocket in the coat I wear. Michigan stays pretty cool all summer so there'll be no problem.

The thing I'm suggesting is exactly what the metal detecting magazines like. Notice they often have someone posed by a dug hole holding a find. It somehow adds a great deal to the story.

And, more than this forum, in years to come you'll be able to better enjoy that find as you see the actual spot of the find. You could spend some bad weather days next winter doing a great scrap book. I sure wish I had pictures of those great times I had back in the 80's.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
hey, maybe I can mount a camera in my hat! ;D

Attachments

• omnismall1.JPG
    omnismall1.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 331
OP
OP
C

Copper

omnicognic said:
hey, maybe I can mount a camera in my hat! ;D

HEY! Now we have an idea!? Why didn't I think of that....mount it on the hat.

People transport all sorts of practical things on their heads.

Thanks much.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could be a better fannie pack! ;)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copper said:
I'll have my wife sew a special camera pocket in the coat I wear. Michigan stays pretty cool all summer so there'll be no problem.

I notice you're in MI??

Where abouts?

I'm in MI too, maybe we could do some hunting together when the weather breaks if we're close enough in distance/not too far from each other!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Oh no, are you looking for the Lowbatts coil cam videos? Only if your parents okay it!

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a picture of my one and only gold coin find as it was found in August 1976. The pic was taken before digital cameras were around. The coin is a 1909 2 1/2 dollar Indian. It was about 3 inches deep in powder dry soil.

Attachments

• gold coin.jpg
    gold coin.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 310

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
see now, Mine was not lying Nice like that in the bottom of a hole. & if it was, the first thing I would have done is scooped it up. No Chance At All, I would have said to myself. "Oh, I better take a pic, before I disturb it"? ;D

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
Sounds like a good idea, Copper. I'm game, if I can keep up with my camera.
BRD

F

Floater

Actually I think we may be onto something here! I think with the technology out there we could develop the Treasure Net Hat Cam. I.m thinkin the market is hot for it and we could make a fortune doin it . I,ll let ya all know when I get the first check cashed , er I mean the first one made. I just need a detector so i can dig a hole for the picture.LOL I

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Yeah Jeff, by the time you get your camera out, turned on, and pointed some kid's grabbed it out of the hole and is 1/2 way home. ;D HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions