Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a local yard sale that listed local photos for sale and thought it would be great to See if I could find any of the parks before things changed to present day.

The gentleman had photos in 3-ring binders and had them sorted by category, ie. Downtown, parks, schools, businesses, you get the picture (no pun intended). Anyways, I seen the one of businesses and thought I would take a look at what was before my life began.

This gentleman that had the photo's also had the names of the businesses as well as names of most people who were in them. My mouth fell open and an "Oh My God" flew out of my mouth, which created reaction from a few other salers who asked me what it was. I couldn't believe that I had found a pic. with my grandfather in it from 1943.
How cool is that?
Cost of the photo, a whopping 25 cents.

This find kinda got me a bit teary eyed as it was and probably is the greatest find I have made in a long time.

HH

DJH

tford62

May 1, 2008
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
The best quarter you ever spent, a bargin at 10 times the price. Congratulatioins, I can totally understand how moving this would have been. Now I am going to have to ask for old pictures as well as old coins and old jewelry. Congratulations on your find, makes all the others cheap in comparison. T.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread