Last edited:
Upvote 0

Digginit

Oct 28, 2012
Red River, La
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing.
I love how the photographer focused on peoples faces - very touching for some reason, made my heart pound and my palms sweat.
Beautiful, beautiful images.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like everyone was having a good time. Are you in those pics Larson?

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When my kids were small we used to go to these all the time. I gotta admit the drums and singing are HYPNOTIC especially when you add the bells on the regalia. I used to marvel on how all the dancers always knew exactly when to stop on a certain drum beat when I couldn't tell one song from the next. Those pictures really take me back thanks. There is nothing like a 49er on a hot summer night outside. There is seriously nothing in America to compare it to.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
unclemac said:
When my kids were small we used to go to these all the time. I gotta admit the drums and singing are HYPNOTIC especially when you add the bells on the regalia. I used to marvel on how all the dancers always knew exactly when to stop on a certain drum beat when I couldn't tell one song from the next. Those pictures really take me back thanks. There is nothing like a 49er on a hot summer night outside. There is seriously nothing in America to compare it to.

I agree uncle, nothing is as magical as the base behind a drum pounding you in the chest. I love drums and have played them since I was 12. Although my drums are a little different, I'm sure the magic is the same. Nice post Larson!

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like everyone was having a good time. Are you in those pics Larson?

no i am not in those images but the pow-wows are cool

lots of dancing and lots of drum groups
some of the smaller size drums really put out the sound

three days of good things and good food like the buffalo (tatonka) feed for everyone

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions