phrosties happenings

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
phrostie's happenings

phrostie has been freezing lately, not much silver has shown itself. I have two things that are of importance to share with the forum.

-yesterday, my dump banks that have coin counters decided it would be beneficial to begin charging a fee on their coin counter. any coin ran through there machine over $100 will get a 1% fee tacked on. In lieu of rerolling upon the new policy change, I just ran my 700 through because I had pickups. 2 brinks yielded 2 90s and 4 40s.

-I ordered the.....drum roll please..... ryedale apprentice today. I need to transition to less silver more copper as my yield is decreasing. stocking up on copper now will pay dividends in the future. I can use my useless dump banks for halves to dump my zincolns. This should work out swell.

I'll most likely drop to 6 flat boxes weekly and begin stocking up on some pennies for the beginnings of the penny search. Any advice on running the ryedale?

By the way, I know others have sworn by the ryedale, but I wanted to let everyone know the gentleman I spoke with (Andy) was very professional On the sales end, I'd definitely recommend the ryedale so far...I'll follow up when I get it and begin playing with it.

~phrostie

Upvote 0

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Re: phrostie's happenings

Andy is wonderful, helpful and honest. A rare combination for a businessman. :-)

Good luck on the Ryedale. remember to look at the reject side for the older wheats As you dump in the top. You don't want to miss those.

OP
OP
phrostie

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town

jrf,

if you have time please shoot me a pm with how you work the ryedale. would like to get insight from a seasoned vet.

thanks,

~phrostie

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the update Phrostie - I was wondering where you and your amazing silver scores had disappeared to! Interesting that you ordered the Ryedale, I was planning on ordering one soon myself (I purchased a cheaper one on ebay to experiment) but need some expert advice, so, jrf30, if you would also like to shoot me some tips for copper sorting I'd very much appreciate it as well! :thumbsup:

Like you, my silver scores have been dwindling a bit and with so much competition now I can see the returns will become less and less over time. I already pulled the trigger and picked up 4 order banks for pennies and have already started stockpiling boxes in my basement!!! I will be getting 16 boxes of pennies a week and 8 boxes of halves per week. I have many dump banks with free coin counters so it'll be nice and easy to get rid of the zincolns!!! Good luck hoarding copper cents!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions