PI metal detector

Dec 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am engaged in the production of PI metal detectors in Ukraine. We have widely used pulse metal detectors with large coils to search at great depths. But they do not discriminate against metals.

Do you use such metal detectors in the US, do you have something like that on sale? And in general do we need metal detectors in the USA without discrimination of metals

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From my understanding PI machines do not discriminate and are great relic machines going deep.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up to now, no PI detector with a useful degree of iron ID or discrimination of iron has made it to market.

The new “Manta” project which has been taken over by Fisher shows some promis of doing this, but it does not provide for ground balancing inland in typical prospecting ground.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
As for competition, most major detector manufacturers offer PI machines.

And they are readily available through out the United States. You would have some major competition here from proven equipment.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several manufacturers of PI machines in the US. The PI machines are mostly used for salt water beach detecting for coins and jewelry, with some being used to search for old relics. Most Americans use IB metal detectors in the VLF frequencies that have discrimination abilities.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am engaged in the production of PI metal detectors in Ukraine. We have widely used pulse metal detectors with large coils to search at great depths. But they do not discriminate against metals.

Do you use such metal detectors in the US, do you have something like that on sale? And in general do we need metal detectors in the USA without discrimination of metals

Welcome from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

Yes, we use Pulse Induction machines in the U.S.A., mainly on saltwater beaches, looking for old war relics, and "nuggetshooting" for natural gold nuggets. I use the Tesoro Sand Shark, on beaches, and the Minlab GPZ 7000 in the goldfields of Arizona. I would like to try one of your machines. :skullflag:

OP
OP
G
Dec 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many thanks for your answers.
In our country, mostly pulsed metal detectors are used to search for relics from the Second World War. With large coils as in the photo.
134.jpg
ramka_1-2_na_1-2_2_cheloveka.jpg
We have such a metal detector costs 200-240 US dollars, is it a lot or not for the US?
But we have a project and with a small basket reel for finding small ornaments and nuggets.

OP
OP
G
Dec 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

Yes, we use Pulse Induction machines in the U.S.A., mainly on saltwater beaches, looking for old war relics, and "nuggetshooting" for natural gold nuggets. I use the Tesoro Sand Shark, on beaches, and the Minlab GPZ 7000 in the goldfields of Arizona. I would like to try one of your machines. :skullflag:

Tell me please: Is discrimination necessary when looking for gold? and what size nuggets do your metal detectors see and at what depth (small sizes of nuggets)?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, we do not use discrimination hunting gold nuggets The Minelab GPZ 7000 has found sub-gram gold as deep as 9" - 10"; a 1-ounce nugget at 36" - 40" - while single-frequency VLF machines find sub-grain gold from 1" - 4" deep that the PI machines sometimes miss:skullflag:

99thpercentile

Nov 2, 2006
Evergreen, CO
Detector(s) used
Geonics EM61-MK2, Geophex GEM-3, GapEOD UltraTEM III, Minelabs F3, Foerster MINEX 2FD 4.500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t understand the logic when I read people say that time domain electromagnetic induction (TDEM), also known as pulse systems, can’t discriminate. TDEM systems are the gold standard for discrimination when looking for unexplored ordnance (UXO), landmines or improvised explosive devices (IED). I work for the department of defense (DoD) and we have spent 20+ years testing and refining the design of metal detectors and magnetometers for these applications. There are several instruments that are now available that have achieved 100% scores on the receiver operating characteristics (ROC) curve over both seeded and live sites. What does this series of strange words and acronyms mean? This means the 100% of the UXO on a site were correctly detected, discriminated, and classified. Detected means that they were all located. Discriminated means that they were correctly sorted into either UXO or non-UXO. Classified means that each item that was discriminated as being a UXO was classified as exactly what type of UXO it was (I.e. 155 mm, 20 mm, or BLU). If you want to read more about these programs, you can go to the websites for the Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program (SERDP) or the Environmental Security Technology Certification Program (ESTCP).

Here are some of the TDEM instruments that are currently being used for these applications. All of them use at least one transmit coil, while several use three orthogonal transmit coils. All of them use multiple three component receive coils. The receivers measure multiple time gates so that the complete decay curve can be measured. The decay curve data can be used to determine the depth, orientation, shape, and size of each target. This information is know as the full polarizeability tensor for the target. The polarizeability tensor data can then be matched to a library of all known UXO to classify them.

Geometrics MetalMapper

Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) TEMTADS

White River Technologies EMPACT

GapEOD UltraTEM III

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread