Pick a Site?trip

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
::) You know guys .....
A few people out there have kind of questioned if'n "CPTBIL" is really, for real!
WELL! With,
All of his/these, tales of his Adventures and Treasure sites!
Come on, NOW!
Well!
If you guys don't doubt my tales of treasures and sites !
I sure would![glow] :-\
So!
Here's the deal :::::: :) !
I will list a few of the stories/sites & places
THAT!
I hope to reach this yr or there abouts!!
You pick one or more of them ...
Let me know!
I'll give you more detailed information and you arrange , date, etc, to come along!
Please note !
I don't spend less than two weeks in a new camp!
Here's a few for this year ----
1..Micron Gold Recovery, Cripple Creek, Colo.
2..Deep,(Will require some rope work)& cold crevice in the Caballo Mnts, NM
3..Amethyst Mine & Cave w/prehistoric mummified body & a few pots!
4..Site of a found body, a "Prospector" who had loads of gold, SF. River, AZ.
5..Check out a very rich $$, "Fire Agate" deposit, I found yrs ago, No. Tucson...and place a claim on it!
6..Look for a Very Rich Gold mine, one of my ancestors found! Along the San Pedro River, No. Tucson !
7..The Spanish Tunnel of Silver Bars....All information on this, I have run down, in the field! over the past 5 yrs. It's ready to be "Opened Up!"
8.. Place a claim on & start up ?, a Quarry of decortive stone, very good commerical value! I, Already checked the market !
[glow=red,2,300]9
..Micron Gold Recovery along Lynx Creek, Prescott AZ. Area!
10.. Death Trap Mnt, NW Corner, AZ.
AND! SO ON!
WELL!
What's say?
Bugs & I could sure use some new company....
Experienced or Not!
(Dogs, Kids, & "Better Halves", Welcomed ! )

AA23

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man what i wouldn't give to go with you guys on a few of your "outings"

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Whipper Snapper:
If you have your own 4x4, (Or! a good Pickup, which, would make it in, in most cases!!)
You wouldn't have to stay for any longer than you wanted to!
You could drive to camp, stay for awhile, and then, leave when you're ready!
Be! it, a couple of days or longer,
The length of your stay,
Would then be up to you !

AA23

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha ;D if only, I should have probably specified my situation a little better, i won't even turn 17 until september or even recieve my licence until june(long story) and my parents with whom i still live might have a little bit of a problem with me trekking off to look for treasure with a guy i met over the internet lo ;Dl, thanks for the offer though, maybe in a couple years

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Whipper snapper: heheh, one thing that I "can" say, is that Capt bill isn't into guys. He likes his gals and doggies, but in dfiferent ways.

Course he IS stubborn on Tayopa even though he "knows" that he is wrong --snicker.

If I wasn't locked into finnishing "THE" Tayopa in the next few months. I would join him, I like his doggie.

Till Eulenspiergle de La Mancha

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
Sorry old man, but your ancestor never discovered any "very rich " gold mine on the San Pedro. The Crittenden that Frank Dobie wrote about was a figment of his story telling. The only white eyes to see that gold deposit was McLean and Walker.

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
Sounds like fun coming out west to play. Unfortunately I am committed to ongoing projects here. I really enjoy your posts though. Good luck.

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
GOLD MINER: (Do you actually have a Gold Mine ? Just a question? )
::) WHAT! ::)
You DOUBT ? ;D
VERY WELL!
Next Time that I am in Phoenix, I shall look up the Tale, in the Files of:
1..ARIZONA GAZETTE Feb. 22, 1887
2..ARIZONA REPUBLIC Mar. 11, 1973
3..ARIZONA HIGHWAYS MAGAZINE, Vol., 26, No. 5 pgs. 26-33
4..ARIZONA Mining Journal Vol., 28 No. 4 pgs. 39-40
AND!
Then we'll see what actual Arizona Records say!
I have a bunch of other references, but!
They are, except for "Desert Magazine", Treasure Mags/books.....
And! As we all ? know or should know! ;)
NOT any TOO Trustworthy! :-\

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
O Captain my Captain, you don't have to do that. I have more research on the Yuma mine than any man alive. Why don't you try West Point files, Arizona Historical Society, Camp Grant daily post records, ALL old newspaper records, Yuma's probate files, narratives of Charles O. Brown, and oh by the way, try to prove that ANY man named Crittenden lived in southern Arizona in 1859 or 1860.

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Foe Suth Gold Miner :
Hast Thou Not, ever heard of the Town of Crittenden, Az.?
Or of:
Camp Crittenden...
Or maybe, you have heard of:
Fort Crittenden!
All of the above, in Southern Arizona, of course ...
PS!
Drive down East Indian School Road, (Phx) about the 36th/40th Street area.
Look to & on the right..
Tell me?
If you see don't something relating to The Present , "Crittenden" Family?
As ....
The Family is still living there in Phoenix!

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
Hey Bill shoot me an email we can get together and do the SF river soon if you want
Thanks
MesaB ;)

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Goldminer -- There is a monument road marker about 2 miles east between Sonoita and Patagonia, AZ. If I remember correctly, it tells aboutr the fort and the Indians killed Crittenden.

Jacko

Hey Cptbil -- 3 times you were to come and check out my site 3 times no show ??? Why ??

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
JACKO said:
Goldminer -- There is a monument road marker about 2 miles east between Sonoita and Patagonia, AZ. If I remember correctly, it tells aboutr the fort and the Indians killed Crittenden.

Jacko

Hey Cptbil -- 3 times you were to come and check out my site 3 times no show ??? Why ??
??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
According to the Arizona Historical So., no one by the name of Crittenden lived in Arizona in 1859-1860. No record of any Crittenden was mentioned in any daily reports from Camp Grant in 1859-1860. Camp/Fort Crittenden was named for Lt., later Col. Crittenden many years after 1859-1860. Genelogical records of the Crittenden family show members in Texas and Kentucky in the time period. No Crittenden owned a freighting business in Az. in 1859-1860. Every person mentioned in every account of the Lost Yuma story has been found by the Historical Society EXCEPT CRITTENDEN.

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Goldminer -- All I know is what I've seen. But I am going to Greaterville (near Sonoita) to day with the prospecting club and I'll stop and get a picture of the road side monument. I believe it had crittenden's name on it. let me check. I'll photo it and send the picture here, this will help us. Hell It may hell my name on it ::)

Jacko

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
Jacko, in the post above, I mentioned Lt./Col. Crittenden, and a camp/fort was named for him. I know where the fort is. What I am trying to point out is , there never was a Crittenden in Arizona, who owned a freight business, and was with Thomas McLean (Yuma) at a gold deposit near the San Pedro River in the 1859-1860 time period. ( I wish there had been, it would have locked down the mine area)
Bill

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Goldminer -- Since I live only 1 mile from the river in Palominas, and the San Pedro runs next to it. I'll check the library and the county records to see what I can find.

Jacko

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
BUCK:
I have finalized my TRIP ROUTE! :o
My first stop will be in Gilbert to drop off/store my core drill & other mining/prospecting equipment!
Then, I am going to gather up " The Few " for the "Silver Tunnel" in Southern Arizona!
I haven't got a date for this yet!
Are youinterested in going down there?
While in Gilbert,
I should have plenty of time to head out with you in the meantime!
Plus!
I am waiting for ASSAY Results, of some material from the Bradshaws.
Hope to have hit it rich??? ::)

DasHurts

Dec 22, 2006
CptBil,
Is that offer good for anyone or just people you know? I'm new to this forum, have been a gold prospector in the past and I'm now looking into cache hunting. I don't want to barge in on an established group but I'm interested and my prospecting buddy might be interested too but I haven't e-mailed him and asked. Just checking. Thanks DasHurts

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
DasHurts:
You'll be more than welcome to join up with "Bugs" and I !
As you know?
I am into this, Prospecting & TH'ing Full Time !
Once I get out ???
I am out for months at a time.
I have been out for as long as 12 months.
As far as breaking into an established group, I do have friends in each of the different states that I visit.
ie: NM, Az, Co, Ca, Utah, etc..
But!
Most of them are of the "working class" and can only spend limited times out!
So!
It ends up with me and one of my dogs doing the trips by ourselves!
I realize that peple can't stay out as we do!
So!
I always, have an "Open Invite" !!!
For as long/short as they can afford to be out!
Just let me know, about when you'd beable to go?
OR!
I can be contacted even out in the "field", as my laptop has an internet connection when I am in camp(s)!
I sometimes go on to the "forums"
&/or!
I usually check a couple of times during the week for messages/email.
So! Drop me a line and we can set up a phone conference !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread