Picked up 5 boxes of nickels today

moff347

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
The cent boxes have been running dry lately. Past 4 boxes have had an average of 6 wheats per box ??? So I went to my three pickup banks to pick up nickels today. I have been having some pretty good luck with the nickel boxes lately. Last week I pulled my first V nickel, 7 war nickles, a 1958 blank, and a 1937 buff. All in only 4 boxes :hello2: Hopefully the five I picked up today will produce. I hope to go through at least one box this evening and finish the rest by Saturday. I will post results as I go through them.

Upvote 0
That's a great 4 boxes. I hope you keep it up!

I just did a box last night and got a 1944 and 1935. It seems like it took 3 hours to go through them (I was watching tv and dealing with kids occaissionnally). How long do you spend on a box?

If I am trying I can do it in about half an hour. Usually an hour nut lately 4 days.

Box #1
1944-D War Nickel
1948-S
26 Pre-1960's
1 Clipped Planchet Error (Very Small Clip)
Over all decent box, I'll be trying to do another tonight :icon_thumleft:

I sit in front of the TV and take my time going through them. I figure its better than eating potato chips or junk food. For me it usually takes me 5 hours to do 2 boxes of nickels.

Congrats on everyone's finds. I love those buffs and war nicks.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Yeah i found my first buffalo a few weeks ago after $2500+ in nickels. The last time i went through a box of nickels it only took about a half hour which is a new record.

Box #2
Another 1948-S :icon_thumright:
A 5 cent Euro
20 pre 60's
7 decent 2009 (not too bad)

I'm confused when you say you found a 58 blank. If it's blank how do you know it's a 58?

58 blank simply means no mint mark which means it was minted in Philadelphia.

Box #3
19 pre-1960

Did not find any silver or buffs but did find some very good key jefferson dates
1950, 1953-S, and for the 3rd box in a row a 1948-S :laughing7:

Also found a beautiful Bermuda nickel. I like the fish on the back

Box #3
19 pre-1960

Did not find any silver or buffs but did find some very good key jefferson dates
1950, 1953-S, and for the 3rd box in a row a 1948-S :laughing7:

Also found a beautiful Bermuda nickel. I like the fish on the back

Keep up with the nickels! They are my favorite also. Im missing 17 of them to finish my book.

Box #4
23 pre-1960's (one being a 1959 blank)
a 20 pence Switzerland piece

there were only 27 million 1959 P minted so it is one of the more elusive Jeffersons. I always like getting one that had under 25 million minted and this one was close. That is why i listed the 48-S which only had 11.3 million minted and the 1950 which only had 9.8 million minted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back